Ready for Christmas? Enjoy an Organized Holiday This Year
1. Keep a stack of directions TO your place for people who need to know how to get to your home or office. This prevents you from having to write them out every time you are asked. Type the directions and save them on your computer. This way you can email, fax, or mail them the directions. Make copies and keep them accessible. It is also helpful to keep directions FROM your place for future visits you need to make.
2. Rather than add to someone else's clutter with a gift you are not sure they would like, give 'consumable' items for Christmas such as: special coffees or teas, cookies, or gift certificates.
3. Keep a Christmas idea file. Keep a folder and insert recipes, magazine clippings, gift ideas, and other ideas you might like to use for the holiday.
4. A COUNTDOWN is super effective for any event such as weddings, holidays, and parties. Start by creating a master to-do list of everything that needs to be done for your special event. Then, transfer a couple of to-dos onto each day preceding your event. Cross off items when finished!
5. AVOID shopping during busy times like the weekend and after-work. Shop online, by catalog, or in an area with several stores-in order to consolidate your shopping trips. Ask for gift-wrapping!
6. Spend your time on what you LOVE to do. If you love socializing, why waste your time cooking? Order from your favorite restaurant. If you hate decorating, hire an interior decorator or an art student. Exchange tasks with friends.
7. Pack your decorations away with care. Do not throw everything in a box. Take time to pack fragile items carefully. Store your decorations and lights in proper containers. Inventory what you have with a list and a list for what you need next year. LABEL all of your boxes!
RELATED ARTICLESMothers Day Gift Ideas
Do you remember the days when your mother used to bring those surprise gifts for you? You just loved the sight of those big packages wrapped in beautiful gift papers, didn't you? What did you find when you opened those packets? Wasn't it always just what you wanted? The pretty doll in the window you longed to have for so long, the toy car that could be operated by remote control or a walkie-talkie. Ever wondered how mother always knew what you really needed? How heart-warming it would be to see the same joy and happiness light up your mother's face today.
Top Ten Things To Do The Day After Valentines Day
Why should February 14th get all of the attention?1. Water the flowers you receieved.
Creative Kid Birthday Cake Ideas
A Creative Dream Come TrueA hush falls over the room as you bring out your child's birthday cake.With its candles glowing, your cake masterpiece sits at its place of honor for all to admire as the room fills with the oohs and aahs of your envious party guests.
Easter is Sunday, March 27th! Don't forget the flowers! Your spring celebration is the perfect setting for beautiful flowers! You can also have a lovely floral gift delivered to your loved ones for Easter!A popular choice for Easter is the Easter lily. The Easter lily's true name is Bermuda lily.
Find New And Exciting Halloween Masks For Your Next Costume Party!
For most people that don't enjoy wearing messy makeup, Halloween masks are the next best option to complement your Halloween costumes this Halloween season.There is a Halloween mask existing in all-imaginable characters, and this year some brand new products are available online.
Easter Party Ideas
Easter marks the start of spring and is a sacred holiday for Christians throughout the world as it signifies when Jesus Christ was resurrected from the grave to live again. But where did the Easter bunny and eggs fit into the Easter tradition?The rabbit and eggs were actually symbols of fertility, immortality and new life to commemorate Christ's resurrection.
As the holidays approach, I find myself wondering how I'm going to accomplish all I expect of myself. I expect to have perfect presents under the tree for an astounding number of people who will be visiting from out of town, besides the usual round of gifts for my children, immediate family, close friends and significant others, such as teachers, school staff, hair dressers, manicurist, etc.
Country Christmas Idea: Milkweek Pod Poinsettia Ornaments
Country Christmas Idea: Milkweed Pod Poinsettia OrnamentsAt first glance, milkweed plants and poinsettias don't seem to have much in common. If you live in an area where milkweed grows wild, however, you can use the dried milkweed pods to make poinsettia ornaments for your Christmas tree.
Fathers Day Origins and Inspiration
While mothers have had their special day since 1914, fathers have only recently officially received the recognition they so richly deserve. After all, dad is the pillar of the family unit, the one who made us feel safe, loved to tickle and tease, and above all gave us a sense of security.
The Gift My Brother Couldnt Give
From the book A Heartland Christmas CollectionIn the first years after my brothers, sister, and I left home, there were several Christmases in which our ability to give fell far short of our desire. In fact, we often found ourselves getting very creative if we were going to give any Christmas presents at all.
The Holiday Army
Here it comes again - the Holiday Army - in its annual march against us. Some of its generals are called "Thanksgiving," "Christmas," "Hanukah," "New Year's Eve" and "New Year's Day.
St. Patricks Day Quotations
"It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody.
How to Make Your Own Printable Invitations for Any Occasion
Even with modern technology like email and cell phones, printed invitations have remained the most common way to let people know about your upcoming party and will continue to remain popular due to the timeless rules of party etiquette. Invitations can be a major cost, especially for large parties, like weddings and some baby showers.
Keepsake Christmas Album
Do you hate throwing your Christmas cards away every year as much as I do? This year I decided to try to come up with some way to preserve our Christmas cards, as well as find a way to organize all the Christmas letters I've been faithfully filing away for the past six years. I decided to make an album for our Christmas letters using decoupage to decorate the covers with this year's Christmas cards.
Tis The Season For Love - and Stress!
The holidays are upon us and for many people this is the most stressful time of year. There is so much to do and not enough time to do it in, places to go, people to see, gifts to buy, food to prepare, and on and on and on.
A Diamond Christmas 2004!
When Archduke Maximillian of Austria bestowed a diamond ring on Mary of Burgundy in 1477, giving a diamond as a symbol of love and commitment was birthed. Prior to this only royalty wore diamonds, believing they symbolized strength and courage.
Fun Halloween Ideas
Looking for interesting Halloween ideas? Perhaps you are looking for something new to do this year? Here are several Halloween ideas to get you started:Here's a neat tip to make your Halloween punch creepy while keeping it cold: Fill a rubber food service glove with water, and freeze it. Remove the glove, rinse the ice hand, and use it to cool your punch!Cotton candy makes great spider webs! Find candy spiders, and tangle them into the cotton candy.
Nine Questions To Ask Yourself Before You Head To The Office Party
One thing you can count on during the holiday season is the obligatory office party. No matter what the size of the organization, there is always an effort to bring coworkers together for one more moment of merriment.
New Year's Resolution: Love Your Body!
Ah, the beginning of a New Year. A time to reflect and start anew: new hopes, dreams, goals for yourself.