|Website Promotion Information & Articles|
Free Exposure and Traffic for Your Website
Most new webmasters face the same conundrum: how can I get free exposure (and thereby traffic) to my website? Here are some traditional online and offline methods you can use to achieve this, as well as new ideas that should help kick-start your online business.
- Include your website address in your signature in e-mails
- Include your website address in your signature in forum posts
- Create an RSS feed for your website
- Write website articles (like this one) and include a link to your site at the end
- Participate in manual link exchanges with complimentary websites
- Submit your website to topic-specific directories
- Properly optimize your website for search engines
- Start a blog on your site (search engines love them)
- Try to get your site listed in DMOZ
- Write and distribute a periodic press release for your site
- Advertise on free classified ad websites
- Include your website address on business cards, letterhead, envelopes, etc.
- Give your business cards and print advertisements to small business owners (who own a business related to your website) to place on store countertops and on employee bulletin boards.
- Write an article for your local community newspaper and include your website address in the copy.
- Talk to friends and family; ask to be listed on their websites, or ask if any cross-promotional opportunities exist between their business and yours.
- Create a sign with your website address and stick it on the inside window of your car for other drivers to see. Of course make sure it is of a safe size and doesn't interfere with driving.
- Create some cheap ads and go around door to door and place them in mailboxes. This technique can prove to be effective if the neighborhood you choose is part of your target market.
- Put your ads up in your community center and on any bulletin boards you can find.
- Remember the power of word of mouth advertising - tell people about your website so that they in turn can tell others about it.
There may be more time-efficient ways of gaining traffic and exposure for your website, but these are not typically free. Advertising and marketing your website can prove to be expensive, but by experimenting with the marketing tactics above, you can jumpstart your website and then consider alternative paid advertising options. Pay attention to which of the above methods yields you the most favorable results, and then if there is a paid service available for it, consider purchasing that first.
By closely monitoring your marketing efforts and tweaking them accordingly, your website will be a success!
Best of luck!
Veronica Dubak is the owner of the successful online paid surveys directory, SurveyBounty.com. With a comprehensive listing of market research companies classified by region, and background information on the online survey industry, SurveyBounty.com is the reputable and legitimate source for online survey information.
The Amazing Ways To Jump Start Your Sales and Attract Orders
Every business owner want to attract more orders and have more sales. You can do this in smart ways.
The 7 Habits of a Successful Web-Marketing Plan
What is web-marketing? Why does your business need it?The best web site and the best web-marketing strategy will not reap the highest possible results, if they are not tightly integrated. Not only do you need a well-designed web site with relevant content and user-friendly navigation, but your site needs to be found by your target audience (prospect customers).
Marketing Your Web Site the Right Way is a Worthwhile Investment
I admit it, I have a problem. I'm a control freak and I like to do things myself because "I'll do it right and save money at the same time".
Kick-Off Your Web Traffic Virus!
Have you noticed lately how savvy webmasters are usingsimple, content-rich articles to pull-in more targeted*traffic* to their Web Site audience without spendinga dime on promotion or advertising?It's a fact: content is KING on the Internet. Heavytraffic Web Sites and BIG Newsletter directoriesare on the lookout for FRESH, original content inthe form of articles, interviews, news and reviews.
Why You MUST Have A My Yahoo! Page
Yahoo! allows you to set up your own front page called 'My Yahoo!'. Even if you don't use Yahoo! as your search engine, you need a My Yahoo! page which you log onto every day.
Personalized Search Versus Personal Choice
Personalized search is a hot topic especially since Yahoo! and Microsoft have announced they are aggressively developing this service. Most likely, people will be leery of personalized search if they think that this is just be another way for companies to market to them.
Website Promotion: 10 Phenomenal Tactics To Reinforce Your Profits
Here are the website promotion tactics to reinforceand increase your profits:1. Anticipate any objections your visitors may haveabout your product offer.
What's in a Name?
Behind every good web page are codes only the search engines read. These codes help the search engines match your page with requests from their searchers.
11 Awesome Ways To Attract More Orders
1. Create a free ebook directory on a specific topic at your web site.
10 Highly Effective Ways to Increase Website Traffic and Promote Your Website for Free
There are many ways to promote your website for free online. Here are 10 highly effective strategies you can use right now.
Ideal Software Archive Website
How to build the ideal website for software archives. View from developer.
How to Write Effective Web Copy
Writing effective web copy begins with an understanding ofwhat the goals of your web site are. Are you trying to getyour visitors to purchase something or have them sign upfor your newsletter? Remember you are trying to get someoneyou can't see and have never met take a step towardsbuilding a relationship with you or your company.
Internet Promotion: 10 Incredible, Intriguing Ways To Increase Your Profits
Are you making money from your website?Will you like to increase your profits?If yes, then pay a close attention buddy.Have I got good internet promotion secret news for you?1.
Promote Your Website: Search Tools
Many companies after spending a substantial amount of money on the development of their websites assume that once the website is published on the Internet, people will flock onto it and, therefore, do not take website promotion as seriously as the development part of it. Today, with millions of websites around, no matter how great your website is, if you don't promote it effectively, you will not get the visibility that your site deserves.
Ten Free Ways To Promote Your Website
Often, website owners would like to promote their new business but are strapped for cash. What a dilemma! How to market your product if the public doesn't know your website exist? The odds are you will lack the flow of traffic to survive in the vast ocean called the World Wide Web.
Web Site Promotion: 42 Deadly Ad Copy Sins To Avoid, To Ensure Rapid Success
Most people who are not doing well on the internet withtheir website don't know the cause.They worry that they are not generating traffics.
Ten Reasons Why People Dont Buy From You
Here's ten simple yet POWERFUL ideas for you to reflect on. This will help you adjust your marketing strategies.
The Importance of Page Content
The Importance of Page ContentThe content of a page is probably the most important consideration when building traffic to your web site. Other techniques do gain more traffic but page content and content of your web site in general is most important when producing a good quality site that will naturally build traffic.
If You Build It, They Will Come?
Many of you will remember the line from the movie Field of Dreams, "If you build it, they will come." Many businesses apply this methodology to their business model.
Outsourcing Website Services - Can Your Business Benefit?
Would it surprise you to know that Compaq Computer? outsources?How about Underwriters Laboratories?? Gateway Computers?? Yes, even the Chicagoland Area Chamber of Commerce?! I have been involved with projects involving each one of these companies.They all outsourced specific portions of their projects.
|Website Promotion Info Home | Website Promotion Site Map | FEATURED Our Candy Wrapper Software|
|© 2002 - 2006 Wrapcandy.com All rights reserved|