Wedding favors are a delightful detail for any wedding shower, wedding reception, or wedding related gathering. There are thousands of things to pick from when it comes to wedding favors and the message you want to convey. They can be edible items, keepsakes or just small reminders from your big day for your guests.
The great thing about wedding favors is that there really is something for everyone's budget. There are pre-made favors, homemade favors and personalized favors. If you're willing to put forth a little effort, you can get dramatic results without spending a ton of money by making them yourself (with a little help from your friends, of course).
Here are some unique favor ideas broken down by seasons of the year.
* Directions for preserving leaves (found on the internet) inside a small picture frame decorated with leaves.
*Soap with a Halloween or leaf motif.
* Recipe for pumpkin Cookies and a pumpkin cookie cutter in a small box. Wrap the box With brown tissue paper and tie with raffia. Tuck in a small orange flower.
* A small glass, ceramic or plastic pumpkin filled with roasted pumpkin seeds.
* A glass, ceramic or paper turkey filled with candy corn.
* Snow Globes (you can make them yourself from internet directions).
* White divinity candy wrapped in silver paper tied with blue or white ribbon.
* White M&Ms wrapped in white tulle and tied with a silver ribbon.
* A small grapevine wreath painted white and sprinkled with silver glitter, with white babies breath tucked in.
* Chocolate candy samplers in a small heart shaped box (great for Valentine's Day).
* A heart lollipop with rosebud tied to it with ribbon.
* Small simply decorated Christmas tree.
* Candy Canes in a pretty little container or box.
* A clear Christmas ornament with Christmas candy inside.
* Mini straw Easter bonnets decorated with coordinated ribbon and flowers.
* Mini baskets stuffed with shredded cellophane or paper and topped with filled plastic or candy eggs.
* Plant a mini "garden". Place oasis on mini terra cotta pots. "Plant" some pastel Lollipops in the pot and add a little moss to finish it off.
* Wrap large homemade or bakery purchased sugar cookies in plastic wrap or cellophane And top off with a silk Daisy.
* Buy bulk flower seeds and pour into small cellophane bags. Tie tops with raffia (be generous) then add printed instructions for growing.
* Place a single, shortly trimmed sunflower in a glass, bud vase or any interesting container.
* Make paper boats from the newspaper "comics" pages (these are great for tucking in place cards.
* Tuck printed homemade lemonade recipes into mini-pitchers. Decorate the pitcher handle with raffia and a fake lemon slice.
* Fill tiny beach pails with mini shells, a votive candle, or fun summertime nostalgic candies.
* Give each guest a paper fan.
There are tons of products to choose from on the market today. The internet, craft stores, and super stores carry everything from pre-made favors to materials to make your own. The sky is the limit here and you can go as far as your imagination can take you. Remember that you can also personalize many of these and other favors with homemade printed labels or ones you order from a printer. Of course, you can always stick with the good old mints, but it's so much more fun to work with your theme or colors or time of the year.
For more wedding favor tips see http://www.cheap-chic-weddings.com/cheap-wedding-favors.html
RELATED ARTICLES10 Valentines Day Tips for Spouses Who Want to Improve Their Marriage
The best and most valuable gifts are often not material ones. While many spouses focus on Valentine's Day gifts such as jewelry or candy, spouses who are willing to invest the time and energy can give one of the most precious gifts possible-an improved, satisfying marriage.
A Honeymoon Like No Other
When it comes to choosing a honeymoon destination it's usually sandy beaches and blue waters here, a historical sight there, or a luxurious pampering from morning till night somewhere else.The other day, though, looking through the various web sites, I came across a honeymoon destination which must surely be the most unique of them all.
Requesting the Presence of Your Presents
For better or worse, in people's minds weddings and wedding gifts go together like a horse and carriage. Social reformers in the guise of religious reverends and ministers might rail against the excesses practiced by bridal couples, but their words fall on unheeding ears.
Family Cycle (I) - Euphoric and Dysphoric Cycles in Marriage
Despite all the fashionable theories of marriage, the narratives and the feminists, the reasons to engage in marriage largely remain the same. True, there have been role reversals and new stereotypes have cropped up.
Riding into the Sunset in Style
Details, details, details. Paying attention to details, that's what makes a good wedding great.
How to Choose a Pearl Necklace for Your Wedding Day
The elegant beauty of a strand of pearls has fascinated brides for centuries. People believe that wearing pearls on their wedding day will bring bliss to their marriage.
Marriage Tips: Breathe Your Way to a Happier Marriage
One way to increase your chances of enjoying a happy marriage is to remember to breathe deeply. Are you surprised by this recommendation? You're probably not the only one.
Top 10 Wedding Decoration Budget Tips
When it comes to choosing your wedding decorations, you must decide on your theme. Once you have done this, you can then make your decisions about the budget that you will have.
Give-and Take: Recipe for Success in Marriage?
A woman once visited a counselor to ask a question about her marriage. I have a funny feeling that you might not be especially impressed with the answer she was given.
Creating a Realistic Wedding Budget While Still Having the Wedding of Your Dreams
Perhaps the single most important thing that must be accomplished when you are ready to begin planning your wedding is to first create your budget. Your budget is important because it is almost impossible to know what you can afford for each aspect of the wedding if you don't give yourself a limit to the overall spending costs.
Have a Garden Theme Dream Wedding
You've found the perfect venue: old oaks, a stone wall, a gazebo, acres of fragrant jasmine and honeysuckle, and even a small, clear pond. Now it's time to take the garden wedding of your dreams a little further.
Dealing With Your Spouses Sexual Past
"Couples who've had sex before marriage will inevitably have sexual difficulties in marriage."That's what Joe Beam, marriage expert and president of Family Dynamics Institute, said to a large audience of married couples.
Dallas Wedding Receptions
The most important day of your life is drawing near and you want to plan it to perfection. Everything has to be just right, the chapel, the dresses, the food and most importantly the wedding reception.
Engagement Party Ideas To Wow The Crowd!
He's proposed, and most likely you're flashing your new engagement ring. Now it's time to plan the celebration, but where do you start?Your engagement party is the perfect setting for the families and friends of the bride and groom to meet each other if they haven't already done so.
Prenuptial Agreements: The Deal Breaker?
So you're toying with the idea of getting married? Maybe somebody has mentioned a Prenuptial Agreement (Prenupt) or maybe you've never thought of it before. Regardless, just as you're an educated consumer you might also want to take a look at the advantages of having a prenuptual agreement before leaping into marriage.
Planning A Backyard Wedding
So many couples are planning to have their wedding at locations that are symbolic to them. A popular place for this is their parents or relative's backyard.
How to Have a Sizzler of a Honeymoon. Article No.2
Ah! It's the wedding night. You've cut the cake, drank the toast, danced the dance, and now, at last you are completely alone.
Honeymoon Registries: A Guide to Asking for Your Honeymoon as a Wedding Gift
Is the cost of your wedding putting the honeymoon of your dreams out of reach? Not to worry; if you already have all the kitchenware and bedding you need, and if you have generous friends and family, your problem might be solved by setting up a honeymoon registry.A honeymoon registry is much like a wedding registry.
The SURGE of the URGE!
Have you ever heard the expression, "The Urge to Merge"?It is a term relating to sexuality and marriage. The "URGE" symbolizes sexual interest, and the "MERGE" symbolizes marriage union.
Get Wedding Gifts Youll Enjoy -- Creating Your Wedding Registry
Receiving wedding gifts is a whole lot more fun when the gifts are of your choice. It is a good idea to create a wedding registry to help your guests choose a wedding gift that you'll enjoy.