Missing WrapCandy *Family*

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
As 2021 draws to an end, I find myself sitting here missing several of our *family* that we have lost in various ways over the years. Either lost because they have passed away such as Jenn, or lost because they have just disappeared such as Paula, LindaB, and others. Without any notice of leaving and nobody knows what happened. I pray that those who have just left, are all doing ok. I wish we could tell them how much we miss them.

We have grown to enjoy each others company in so many ways, and it's honestly to me like losing a friend or family member when someone just disappears. We are left with a hole wondering what happened. I have been on the forums since 2004 and 17 years (18 in a couple of months) is a long time to be around folks and not become close to them.

So with that, I ask of you. If you ever decide to not come onto the forum anymore, please please please at least say goodbye. Or stay in touch with someone so we know how you are. In case something happens to you (and OMG I pray nothing does), maybe have a designated person know how to get a hold of someone who comes on the forum to let us know about your health.

Maybe I'm just strange (as we all know I am in many ways), but it's just getting to me. Too many friends and family we have lost these last couple of years (in our own personal lives), and to add to it from our *family* here just sometimes puts us over what we can handle.

Love and hugs to you all. Happy New Year. May 2022 be a good year for everyone both personally, and professionally. God Bless.

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Very well written post Bobbi. I feel the same way. I think that for a lot of members this forum is our own private little getaway and those
physically close to us would have no idea how to get on here to notify anyone if something happened. As this is such a big part of our lives,
I agree that we should let someone know how to do that. Having said that, may we all stay healthy and safe.
Happy New Year to all!

peanutwrapper

Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Bobbi, I have been gone for almost 8 years. It was nothing that happened with the group. It was something unexpected in my personal life. My Hubby, the love of my life died unexpected. I have had a very rough time coping. I am just now finely wanting to design and craft again. He was my biggest cheerleader. It was like my heart was ripped out of my body. I didn't really care if I lived. I have been slowly pulling myself out of the dark void I have been in.

I was so happy to see Wrapcandy still here. I am trying very hard to start designing again. And doing something I enjoyed very much.
Happy New Year to everyone here.

Nancy

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
OMG Nancy it is wonderful to see you again!

I am so very sorry to hear about your husband. My hugs are sent your way.

I am so glad that you are wanting to get back into designing and crafting, I know how much you loved it before. I know he would want you to get back into doing what you loved as well.

Don't push yourself with the designing, it'll come with time once again. I'm so very glad you have come back to our forum *family*, it's awesome to see you here! Happy New Year. Hugs.

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Welcome back Nancy! I am also sad to hear about your husband. Like Bobbi said, glad you are getting back to designing and playing in WC.

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@peanutwrapper - sorry to hear your news but glad you have finally mustered up the strength to do something you used to love. I honestly don't think it will take you long to get back into the swing of things. It is an uphill climb but you will get there. One foot forward ....

@sandsinrs - welcome back

bjs1952

Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
I'm still here off and on, life does tend to get crazy at times, hubby and daughter both had covid and he is still trying to recover, daughter is still struggling over a year later. They are surviving. I finally got my new knee last november so just starting to really get around, still in therapy after waiting 20 years for it. Still crafting but bounce from thing to thing and yes I also think alot about those who have just been gone and not knowing. Praying they are ok and praying the ones that have left us are resting in peace. I plan on being here more now and want to start doing candy bouquets again. Wishing everyone a blessed day.

sheri1947

Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
I upgraded to a Mac and since WrapCandy does not support this venue, I too will not be able to enjoy this forum, which makes me very sad. I hope that soon you will be able to addrss this in the software, More and More people are using macs, so, I hope this can be fixed. I really enjoyed my time on the old forum, and was able to create some lovely things with the help of all the wonderful artists and thosee who shard their talent with those of us who were standing behind the door when that atribute was passed out. Give me a pattern and I can do it, but I can't make the pattern!
Thank you for all you do for this forum and I will continue to peruse the files, but will cry when I see something that I love, but can't make.
I will still be here, just watching and wishing!

twilitemist

Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
i know it took me a long time to even find out about the new forum, so, i'm pretty sure others fared the same. i'm still devastated over the loss of soooooo much work and shares from the last forum :(

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I upgraded to a Mac and since WrapCandy does not support this venue, I too will not be able to enjoy this forum, which makes me very sad. I hope that soon you will be able to addrss this in the software, More and More people are using macs, so, I hope this can be fixed. I really enjoyed my time on the old forum, and was able to create some lovely things with the help of all the wonderful artists and thosee who shard their talent with those of us who were standing behind the door when that atribute was passed out. Give me a pattern and I can do it, but I can't make the pattern!
Thank you for all you do for this forum and I will continue to peruse the files, but will cry when I see something that I love, but can't make.
As I have absolutely no idea what the differences are between mac and windows - is there any method that we can save in on here that would allow you to use it? If there is let us know and I am sure we will try to help in any way we can

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
i know it took me a long time to even find out about the new forum, so, i'm pretty sure others fared the same. i'm still devastated over the loss of soooooo much work and shares from the last forum :(
I have save nearly 90% of the old forum, so you be looking for something, just ask

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Parallels and Bootcamp let you run programs designed for Windows on a MAC.