How To Save At 300 DPI For Better Sharing & Printing

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
A tutorial on how to save at 300 dpi (or 200 dpi) in the WrapCandy software. Saving at 300 dpi (or 200 dpi) will have your files print out crisp and clear and beautiful. Also, folks have their wrappers sized differently sometimes, and having the files at 300 dpi (or 200 dpi) allows them to resize if necessary without losing any of the beautiful quality of the shares/files.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. :)

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Here's the tutorial for saving at 300dpi (also can be done the same for 200dpi) that a couple folks couldn't find. Several beautiful/wonderful shares on the forum are unable to be used by folks because they are only at 100dpi. That is such a shame because there are so many beautiful/wonderful shares they would love to be able to use.

Please don't forget when sharing things, to save at 300dpi (or at least 200dpi) if possible. Sometimes our measurements are a little bigger than what you save them at the 100dpi, so we end up not being able to use something you wonderfully made and graciously shared, because we can't make things larger to use for our measurements. It distorts and then your beautiful items print blurry. But if you save at 300dpi (or at least 200dpi) then they are larger and therefore anyone can size them to what they need, and they still look great when printing. :)

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@karenskrafts, I wish everyone knew about the 300dpi (or at least 200dpi) because there are many shares here now, and being shared here now, that can't be used by some folks. :( Unfortunately it is what it is though.

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Roxy, please know that it isn't "wrong" at all if they aren't 300 dpi. It's not that they are wrong, it's just that they come out smaller than the sizes that some folks can use where they are located because for some stupid reason candy wrappers are different sizes sometimes. Even when just a tiny size difference, if we enlarge the wrappers that are 100 dpi then it distorts them unfortunately. Then it means we can't use them because we don't want to print them out fuzzy, even if just a tiny bit fuzzy.

It isn't fair to those of you who did so much incredible beautiful work on such beautiful items, to not have them print crisp and clear.

You can tell when wrappers here on the forum are 100 dpi or 300 dpi, because when you click on the name of them here on the forum to look at them, there will not be a plus sign to enlarge if they are at 100 dpi. If they are at 300 dpi (or even 200 dpi) then there will be a plus sign to enlarge them before you save them.

For checking yours that you made, you can open up your wrapcandy software, click on 'file' then 'new' then 'label' then 'standard candy wrapper' (or any wrapper to test such as nail file). Then when you click on 'edit' then 'add image' (or click on the picture icon second down on the left in the software) and bring your JPG file into the software, if you have to enlarge it at all to fit into the wrapper red box, then it's 100 dpi. If it's 300 dpi then you would need to shrink it to fit into the wrapper red box.

Again please remember, they aren't "wrong" if they are at 100 dpi, it just means there are folks who can't use them because we don't want them to print out fuzzy. At the 300 dpi (or 200 dpi) then they print out very crisp and clear.

If I ever offended anyone in any way with this post, it was NOT my intention at all. My intention was only to help folks who had asked, by listing the video they requested to show them how to save at 300 dpi (or 200 dpi).

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Hi Bobbi, no I didn't really mean 'wrong' - as you say, nothing that is shared is 'wrong'. I just meant if I had shared something that needed to be a different size to let me know.
Thanks for letting others know of how to see if the dpi is correct or not - always helpful.

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Whew Roxy, thank goodness. I didn't want you thinking I thought your shares were *wrong* because they never could be. :)

Hugs.

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
For those of you who do not realise. Batch converter only saves at 100 dpi (only just found that out!). I will be re-issuing shares starting with the birthday thread. All in good time!

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
For those of you who do not realise. Batch converter only saves at 100 dpi (only just found that out!). I will be re-issuing shares starting with the birthday thread. All in good time!
Good to know, thanks

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
I have found a few at 100 dpi and have resaved them at the size they are clear at 300 dpi. It works on some but not all.

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
When I first started out with wrapcandy I was lucky to be able to save and post at all, WC scared the poop out of me, it looked so complicated but it was me that made it complicated but sweet Paula helped me out (I sure do miss her). I have no idea if at the beginning if I saved any of my shares in 300 dpi, if not just let me know.