Painting Party

mariefyfe

Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Hi all -- I'm wondering if anyone on the board has ever run a painting party as a fund raiser. I'm specifically looking at round layered signs. An organization has asked me to run one and to be honest I love the idea, but have no idea where to begin. I was thinking of picking 4 designs - asking people to pick which design they would like -- then I would order them. I have to supply paint and brushes -- the venue is no problem -- It's the amount of paint/colors that I'm concerned about. I was thinking of having them bring their own paint, but then why come and do it as a group. Would love to talk to someone about this -- I have searched DIY parties, but nothing really comes up except wreaths. If anyone can give me some advice I would appreciate it.

skooter

Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I've never done this, but I've heard of painting parties. There is one local to me called "Painting with a twist". Maybe you can look at their site and get some ideas??? The one that I went to supplied everything, everyone did the same design (probably makes it easier on the teacher) that way your colors will be limited. Too many choices sometimes can cause confusion. Other than that, not sure I can offer any help!!