jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Thank you, Roxy.

To the few that are in here all the time, THANKYOU>>>> I feel that I am "preaching" to the wrong people. However, I want to say something and if it falls on the wrong ears, I am sorry,

It is sad for me to think that when Ryan was messing everything up and letting the forum go down all the time (at least every other month for not paying the bills) and letting it go down completely not only once but twice, people were screaming about it. We lost a lot of good shares and advice from awesome people and we lost people. They "loved" the forum and didn't want to see it go away. I stepped in and took it over paying everything out of my pocket to keep it going. Why? Because I loved the forum and what it represented. Friendships, a great place to come and share not only new designs but to share life, vent when you need to, get help when you needed it and so much more.

Now that it is stable, where are all these people who were screaming about it being gone? In the year and a half that I have been paying for everything (with help from some awesome donations) has it gone down at all? I think not. Yes, we had a bug for a few days but that has seemed to heal and get well.

What is the answer? I guess to quote a famous line of history..... "You can't please some of the people all the time and can't please all the people some of the time"

sheepishly......... Getting down off my soap box now

P.S. I am here 90% of the time. I may not comment on every post but I do hit the "like" button so you know that I am here and saw your post.

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Welcome back appreciate you...... But you camping is not an issue. We all have lives to live with our families....... that is understandable. It's the 100's that used to come into the forum and now we have 10 at the most.

I have been gone for a while........a long while! Just thinking about getting back into this. Just one thing I noticed: the older forums (from years ago) had tons of graphic and wrapper shares that were just shared, not in response to a request. We just created and anything we had was shared with the group whether in the free section or the pro section. If you did not log in for a day, you spent the next day catching up. Just wandering around for the last little bit, I see requests but not a lot of sharing the finished product once the request has been filled. Over the years, I have logged in here and there and it seems that the forum changed a lot. I guess Im not telling you anything you dont already know. How to get back to that? Make it visible.....let everyone see what is here and the value of moving to pro and/or donating to keep it that way. I also am way out of the loop. Are there free programs or more free templates than there were back then? When I was involved daily, the options were not all that great. Are fewer people looking to make this into a business versus the occasional wrapper? Not sure I am at all helpful, but just sharing my observations.

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
*raises hand* as I am a guilty one of not being here anywhere near as often as I want to be. I HATE that I can't be here every day like I used to be. Unfortunately I'm still catching up with being gone in 2022 twice for a few months each time, due to family losses. I am catching up little by little, but just not fast enough for my liking. I am also preaching to the choir I know, and I'm sorry. I just wanted you to know that it isn't because I don't want to be here, it's because I haven't had enough chances to be here.

With that said, I have sent out a couple of emails to everyone I have email addresses for from years past with WrapCandy. Some have come back and I love that. A few have now stated that they don't deal with WrapCandy anymore because they lost their other computer with it, and then they got off doing/making other things because there wasn't a call for the candy related wrapped stuff in their areas anymore. So they didn't think they could help at all with it anymore. I told them that even if they just came in to say hi and let us enjoy their company, they would be a Godsend. I also told them they would be surprised with the fact that they can probably help answer questions, so they would still be contributing. Hopefully one or more of them will come back too.

I have tried to think of things we used to do that we might be able to do again to bring folks back, nothing has come to mind that isn't already being taken care of, that I can think of. Will keep trying though.

I know I don't share anywhere near enough and I'm sorry for that. Again I have just been trying to get my business going with making mockups and listing things. If I don't get it back up and selling things again, I have to quit because I can't keep this up anymore. So I've been trying to concentrate any extra time I have right now, towards doing that, which has kept me away from the forum like I want to be.

HUGS, and here's to hoping things change with me, and the others, VERY soon!

OP
wishfulthinker

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
*raises hand* as I am a guilty one of not being here anywhere near as often as I want to be. I HATE that I can't be here every day like I used to be. Unfortunately I'm still catching up with being gone in 2022 twice for a few months each time, due to family losses. I am catching up little by little, but just not fast enough for my liking. I am also preaching to the choir I know, and I'm sorry. I just wanted you to know that it isn't because I don't want to be here, it's because I haven't had enough chances to be here.

With that said, I have sent out a couple of emails to everyone I have email addresses for from years past with WrapCandy. Some have come back and I love that. A few have now stated that they don't deal with WrapCandy anymore because they lost their other computer with it, and then they got off doing/making other things because there wasn't a call for the candy related wrapped stuff in their areas anymore. So they didn't think they could help at all with it anymore. I told them that even if they just came in to say hi and let us enjoy their company, they would be a Godsend. I also told them they would be surprised with the fact that they can probably help answer questions, so they would still be contributing. Hopefully one or more of them will come back too.

I have tried to think of things we used to do that we might be able to do again to bring folks back, nothing has come to mind that isn't already being taken care of, that I can think of. Will keep trying though.

I know I don't share anywhere near enough and I'm sorry for that. Again I have just been trying to get my business going with making mockups and listing things. If I don't get it back up and selling things again, I have to quit because I can't keep this up anymore. So I've been trying to concentrate any extra time I have right now, towards doing that, which has kept me away from the forum like I want to be.

Think we all know where you are coming from Bobbi. And appreciate the fact that you do whatever you can to help with things on here. Not sure how you find time to do everything. I really need to sell things but lack of sales makes you become apathetic and less inclined to produce more that might also not sell! Vicious circle. I could sure do with the money. But hey, at least we try.
Good luck with all and thanks again for all you do.

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month

We do more than just wrapcandy. Did you tell them that I added a Sublimitation section? Many people are getting into that and can use any graphic for their sublimation projects.

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
OMG @jenel you are gonna laugh at me now. I not only told them about the sublimation area you added, but I told them how silly I was that I hadn't even realized that SO MANY of things that were shared before with WrapCandy, can be used for sublimation. The day I realized that, my head pretty much exploded LMAO.

I did mention that, and I'm hoping it will help as well. :)

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
The world changed in 2020 and people changed too. People were hit hard financially, emotionally, and physically. We were thrown a curve ball without a catchers mitt. Add to that, the everyday stress and and shit that always hits the fan and so many people forgot the little things that were good such as just coming on the forum to chat about everything going on in our lives and to sometimes get that "poor me" aw, it's okay speech. It is just going to take some time to get back to "normal".
The old saying is something like.....you don't know what you have until it's gone, well for all you members that come on and just look and leave without saying hi or even clicking like, think about it please. And to those of you that pop in and say hi or do click like, thank you!

I would jump down off my soap box but at my age I would probably break something (Bobbi can relate) so I will just step down carefully:)

BUT..................................I shall return.