Elite Members Any chip bag templates**template added reply 21

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Board' started by Wrapcandy, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Wrapcandy Get Lifetime Updates.. Staff Member Staff

I did a quick search and didn't come up with any but a member asked in the gallery. Not only would these be fantastic sellers, they would be pretty easy to make.

{filename}_154678

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 2
    • Adoreable Adoreable x 1
    • List
  2. jenel Queen of Her Own World! Staff Member Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

3. mommajo33 Wife of Retired Army National Guardsman. Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Cute, hope someone comes up with a template for these.

4. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

The paper would pretty much have to be a waxy one, not your standard or the grease from the chips would come through. BUT I love the idea. Will have to think about it a bit....

5. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

could just do a wrapper to overwrap (fit overtop) the small snack bag of chips

6. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

True..... hadn't thought of that. I am a bit slow sometimes! lol

7. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

:) no worries.......we all have those moments.....like the other day when a member wanted info on what paper to use for bags for a candy bar....I responded not understanding why she wanted to put the bars in a bag.....but later realized she was referring to a candy bar (as in candy buffet) ...my brain just didn't go there at first!!!

• List
  8. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

I like the idea so much, just got hold of a packet of crisps and a sheet of paper. Its going to take an a4 sheet..... just! I can't wait to play.....

• List
  9. OP
    OP
    Wrapcandy
    Contact

Wrapcandy Get Lifetime Updates.. Staff Member Staff

Lol @wishfulthinker For home parties, you could get a family size bag of chips and use ziploc bags and over wrap that too.

• List
  10. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

what's a party!.... I live in solitary confinement, didn't you know! lol.

11. OP
    OP
    Wrapcandy
    Contact

Wrapcandy Get Lifetime Updates.. Staff Member Staff

Someone have a snack size bag of chips laying around? If so, I think you feel like getting a snack and measuring the bag for us. :eek:)

12. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Just told you, a full A4 sheet will fit..... I am going to play! Half inch at bottom front 5.75" 8" deep plus a little bit for gluing at bottom - at back 2.75 on left 3.25 on right ... can't wait.. got to stop for a while but will get straight back on it and see if I can't create a template on WC

13. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

I don't have any here....but if no one else comes up with one before I get ahold of one...I will work on it
    ...might be next week before I get to it though...so anyone feeling like it ....go for it !!

Roxy ...if you come up with something...hope you will share...I am not familiar with "crisps" so don't know if it is similar size to our small snack bags of assorted chips or not...but for sure still share yours...I am sure there are other UK members that can use it too!!
    ...if I recall...A4 is a bit longer than our U.S. standard size 8.5 x 11 ...if it takes the whole length...it probably wouldn't work for our standard paper...but would work for legal size paper 8.5 x 14

14. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

yes, I think it must be A4 is 8.25 x 11.75 so slightly larger one way but shorter the other - just to be different..... I would think your snack chips are the same as our 'crisps' - just a potato sliced very thinly and fried or dry fried in oil.
    I have crisps (cos I like them and my son takes them to work - he needs fattening up whereas I don't). Am going to work on a template NOW....

15. bjs1952 Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Registered Member

What a cute idea. I might have to do some for my granddaughters graduation. The things we wrap, amazing!!!!

16. smjackson2 Blessed Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Neat idea Ryan ~ thanks for sharing it with us!

17. smjackson2 Blessed Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Roxy you are to funny!!!! ( you are joking, right?)

18. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

well...I guess I was referring to the size of the bag rather than the product......we actually have a few different sizes bags for potato chips, doritis, Cheetos, gardettos, pretzels etc....there is a regular size bag and big grab and the family size bag(waaay too big for us to wrap...but could make a bag topper for.....)
    and a smaller size 1 oz bag of chips for like use in lunch bag or for kids
    the regular size bag or the smaller 1 oz bag would be the ones we could overwrap...I would likely go with the 1 oz size bag

we have many many different types and sizes of bagged potato chips or salty crunchy chip-like snacks...when I read this ...I wondered where to even start with making the wrapper the right size for the most commonly used chip type snack....each brand and type have a variety of sizes.

will wait for your template and see if it will work for the 1 oz bags...will be a few days before I go anywhere to buy one anyway. ....hoping it will work for both you and us U.S. chip eaters!!

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  19. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

What a fantastic idea!! love love love it!!

20. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Still working on it, just needs tweaking now....

Yes, you will be pleased to know, it's just we just don't get out too much..... live 3 hours away from family and partner doesn't drink ( :( - so parties are a thing of my past..... and we used to hold some good ones, lol) . It is just as well I have some good lady friends to meet up with every now and then who don't mind the odd glass of wine... or two.

• List
  21. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

More of a placement guide really. Our packets are 25gr (yes we used to be ounces but for some stupid reason they made us metric - the powers that be that is). This is a fairly standard size packet and would probably be okay for you, maybe you might need to tweak a little but on the whole..... Let me know how you get on. I am attaching a little something to test with... See Ryans resource for the clown..... I kept it fairly plain so you could see where boxes etc are
    clown/celebration graphic from the celebration set

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 11
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  22. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

thanks for the template Roxy hopefully someone can test it out for us and let us know what size bag of chips they used!
    I will add your template to the templates/dimensions thread!

I am lost.....and..........I have to ask..........what teddy??

23. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Told you before, I must be getting old.... I change things but forget to change other things. Changed teddy to clown..... ooops. Amended now

24. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

lol.....I kept trying and trying to figure out what I was missing....and just couldn't figure out where the teddy came in ....so finally decided I had to ask....didn't want to miss out on anything. ;)

funny how the mind works! ............I almost even hate to admit this...or tell the story ...but it is sorta funny...
    my niece got her braces off and I had not seen her for about a week, so I hadn't seen her with her "new smile"
    ...when I saw her I commented that I hadnt seen her since she got her dentures out.......WHAT??? ...how crazy is that..... ... even as I was saying dentures, I knew it wasn't right......but the word braces just wouldn't come to my mind o_O

25. smjackson2 Blessed Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Thanks Roxy for the template and the share!