Elite Members Any chip bag templates**template added reply 21

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Board' started by Wrapcandy, Jun 21, 2016.

1. smjackson2 Blessed Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Paula that is such a funny little story ~ thanks for sharing it with us!

2. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Oh that's hilarious Paula!!!!!!!! LOL..I literally LAUGHED out loud!! Roxy: thank you so much for the template and sample. I'll see if I can find a bag of chip somewhere in this house..if not today, I'll definitely test it tomorrow!!

3. jimbo Carol Elite Plus

Maybe you can add a piece of wax paper in the bag. So the grease won't come thru.
    Carolb

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  4. jimbo Carol Elite Plus

Thank you so much Roxy. This is great. And @ Ryan thanks for showing us this idea.
    Carolb

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  5. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Has anyone tried to see if your chips/potato snacks fit the template. Use your paper size measurement in wc and then resize the template (because there is nothing to worry about it can be stretched/squashed if needs be) ..... it should work for USA too. I added a strip of double sided tape to the top edge to seal the crisp/chips inside.... they look great. Sadly I can't show you yet cos my phone isn't set up on this computer.

6. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Well???? Anyone..... ???? What no one at all. They must fit..........

and. yes, Paula, I have done the same myself.... forgotten the right word.... definitely an age thing, I hope at any rate.

7. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

OH my, I was suppose to try it out...but GOOD news is: I don't have a bag of chips in my house anywhere!!!! BAD NEWS IS: because I ate them all!!! I promise to get a bag or two .......OK...a BIG BOX from Costco this weekend!!

8. crafty carla Elite Registered Member

If you really wanted to make your own bags you can use a paper by the name of TerraSlate (4 Mil). I call it 'plastic paper' because it doesn't tear or absorb butter or grease from foods (I use it to make cupcake toppers) and the best thing is that it is tear-proof and can use in laser printer. It's easy to cut also. Great for water bottles too, as it won't absorb water.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  9. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Please will someone use this to see if it works - fits your chips/snacks

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 3
    • List
  10. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

sorry Roxy ....it may not be an item people have on hand...most people probably buy the family size bag ...unless they have a need for the small bags for an event or something and in that case they would buy the package of small bags or the variety bag with several different flavors of the small bag chips...but if it is for an event....they likely wouldn't think to test it for size before and might not have any leftover to test after the event.............
    ......not many places sell just the small single serving size bags ....they sell a bigger bag, some brands call it a grab bag....or big bag...but a regular sheet of paper would not be enough to over wrap those.

...might have to give people a chance to pick one up to give it a try.....not everyone goes to the store every day...I know it is sort of a weekly thing or even biweekly thing for me.
    and maybe there isn't enough interest in it for people to be wanting to wrap them ...when they can do a bag topper for them ....may have to allow a bit more time for the ones that are interested to get a chance to pick some up.

I don't think everyone has even checked out this thread or seen the template....the title sort of indicates that someone is looking for a chip bag template...if they don't have one or don't need one/want one.......they may not bother to come in here. ...I am going to change the title to reflect that there is one here...maybe that will help.
    I don't think anyone is trying to ignore you ... they just don't want to buy a package of 6-12 bags of chips just to test out a template.
    ...and actually there is no way for us to really be sure what size bag we are needing to buy. ...and the different sizes of paper may be confusing people ...the template is larger than what are paper is....and while you have mentioned to reduce/resize the template...not everyone knows how to do that .

hang in there....someone will get to it !!

11. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I'm here!! I'm here and I did it!! This was printed on regular print paper....nothing fancy AND they still look great!!! I crimped one at top and bottom, but not the other. The smaller one (w/the photo) had a guide to fold and glue...the other did not...and it actually didn't turn out too bad bc it was easier to fit!!

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Adoreable Adoreable x 1
    • List
  12. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Ryan was right...they are easy to do...like I said, I just did it really quick not knowing if they would work....so I used double sided tape, folded...that voila!! I think they would be cute to sell...

13. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

awesome ...thank you for being the test girl !!
    what size chips did you use and can you tell us what dimensions?? (so I can add that info to the template post in the template thread)

14. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I got the 1 oz ones or 6.5 x 5

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. jenel Queen of Her Own World! Staff Member Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

That is awesome! Thank you

16. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Thank you so much Ana..... I just knew that as soon as you all made one up you would like it. Thank you for the photos too.... So you preferred the UK template size and just altered to fit with your paper or just used the paper size... (what size paper did you use)? I left the fold/glue line so that you could see what I was trying to show.....it really doesn't help my not being able to use the computer as I would like.

Anyway, thank you again.... it helped and people can see... and it is easy.... and cool for kids party bags.... Now I need a crimper to finish mine off properly.... cool!

[QUOTE="paulakw, post: 1943457, member: 31................

...and actually there is no way for us to really be sure what size bag we are needing to buy. ...and the different sizes of paper may be confusing people ...the template is larger than what are paper is....and while you have mentioned to reduce/resize the template...not everyone knows how to do that .

hang in there....someone will get to it !![/QUOTE]

.... oh, your explanation makes sense. We usually purchase a large bag with 6 packs inside, sometimes all one flavour but often mixed. Don't often purchase the family pack as they wouldn't all get eaten and go stale!
    My last one was using your size paper - 11x8.5 to see if it worked... if it did I would let you have the template but Ana prefers the other one.

Attaching US template which Ana tested..... above

Thank you again

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 5
    • List
  17. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

honestly, they both worked great. I didn't know they were different sizes (haa)...I just thought I folded one p/your instructions, but I didn't fold the other... I uses regular copy/print paper 8.5x11 paper and it worked perfect!! I set it on landscape and it was perfect! The crimper gives it a nice look, I think. I'm actually really excited!!! My husband thought it was a super cute idea. And my daughters said, "How did you do that?" And I said "My WC family came up with it and I just tested it!" LOL.... SOOO thank you Roxy. And my husband bought the family pack with like 30 inside... Thanks Roxy, I can't let them go stale.....that's wasting money! I guess I have to eat them :)

18. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Ah, the difference is now you can ration yourself to one bag everyday and not a family size one! I REALLY REALLY think they are brilliant! I use a glossy paper which makes them look even better. Don't thank me, thank Ryan for suggesting it....

19. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I almost used the glossy paper, but I thought, "I'm going to be cheap just in case it doesn't work or fit." And it actually, didn't look bad at all. I will try the glossy paper. They are adorable and I too think they could be hot sellers since it's not an item many people think of selling. I'll experience with my fan base (haa!).. I'm having a pretty big Patriotic party on Saturday, maybe I'll do about 10-20 of them to see how it goes... that means I better design one... lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

I love the idea and love how they turned out and I agree that they are a unique and adorable presentation/item ...I would definitely use for my own personal use....
    the only problem I see is trying to sell them ...it uses a full sheet of paper ...common charge is $1.00 per printed sheet ...if it takes one sheet per bag....add the 40 cent cost of chips...it gets to be a bit steep for what people might be willing to pay
    for a little bag of chips ...regardless if it is personalized and "cute'd" up !! (yea I know cute'd up isn't really a word...but it fit my explanation :p lol ) I just don't think people would be willing to pay $1.50 + for a 50 cent bag of chips. :oops:
    I fear there may not be much margin for making any money on an item such as this.

21. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

lol...yep...sounds like you need to design one if you are planning to use one !! :)
    would love to see a pic of what you decide to do/how they turn out !!
    thanks again for being the test girl!

22. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Thats the thing, they could be sold flat without the innerds.... with double sided tape at the top so people could add their own chip/snack packs. It doesn't have to be crisps though cos a lot of things would fit them. We give out party bags to the kids who attend parties, small sweets, cheap kids jewellry, cake etc., to take home after the party, so it doesn't have to be chips...... You would normally sell them in packs of say 4/6 so it doesn't seem quite so dear per item, I guess?
    We used to buy 'Jamboree' bags, you never knew what you were going to get until you opened them up..... don't see them as much now though.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  23. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Excellent Ana. To save on costs, if you do the two side panels (effectively the back) in greyscale they still look adorable if you stick to the colour on the front! Hope to see what you come up with. :)

24. tlsikora Tammy Elite Plus Elite Member

Thank you Ryan, Paula, Roxy and Ana for creating this adorable item. I tend to go for glossy but the regular paper looks really cute - love the crimped edge.

25. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

you make a valid point .....but I have to say Roxy.....I for one will NEVER put cake in one of these bags!!! LOL...I know that isn't what you meant.....but you did mention it

they are cute...and like I said...I would definitely use for my own use...but I don't think they will ever be a big seller for me....my client base would rather have personalized candies and bags/ boxes that have the items in it ready for them .....rather than the empty bag ...just my opinion based on my clientele....they will buy pinch bags filled with something...but not empty bags:(
    ....I hope they are a successful item for other people though!! Each area is a little different and what sells for some may or may not be good sellers for someone in a different area! Some people have good luck selling gallon cans...I LOVE gallon cans...but they don't sell well in my area...except for Christmas, Easter, and Halloween....other themes and events there isn't much interest !!!
    I am not trying to discourage anyone...just wanted to mention what I see as a drawback (at least for me) ...just another thing to think about I guess. Maybe I shouldn't have even brought it up.:oops: ...I just thought sooner or later the discussion of what to charge is going to come up..........

Looking forward to hearing some feedback from people that have luck selling the chip bags/party bags...(what ever ya want to call them)...ya know.....comments from clients/ what people are saying etc....

thanks again for the creating and sharing the template !!

• List