Elite Members Forum changes, bugs and things to fix.

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Board' started by Wrapcandy, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Wrapcandy Get Lifetime Updates.. Staff Member Staff

Please POST ANY PROBLEMS, SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS, regarding the FORUM HERE in this thread.

Fixed:
    I have fixed the logout problems by forcing https (SSL) on all forum pages.

TO DOs
    Fix the www and non www logout problems
    Make Videos Tutorials on how to utilize the forum.

New Options Added APRIL 2017:
    1. Ability to Schedule posts
    2. Catch Pokemon Game (Contest)
    3. Html Output Minifications to improve load times
    4. Improved Notices have been added and will appear at the bottom right hand side for site news. These will help keep members informed and hopefully won't be too annoying.
    5. Download Tracking. Elite (Platinum) Members can see who downloaded shares. Awesome feature to help promote thank yous or at least thumbs up.
    6. WHO HAS READ THIS POST SIDE BAR
    7. Auto Tagging non tagged Threads. People are better at tagging so I made you instructions if you are interested. If you don't have the option to add tags when you start a new thread, let me know.

forum_tags.jpg_Forum changes, bugs and things to fix._Wrapcandy

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. jenel Queen of Her Own World! Staff Member Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I like what I have seen so far and no issues as of yet and I don't expect any.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. OP
    OP
    Wrapcandy
    Contact

Wrapcandy Get Lifetime Updates.. Staff Member Staff

@jenel I really appreciate your vote of confidence. Can you pass me some of that because I think it would help me out! LOL! Things should be fine but you know i have broken the forum many times doing "Routine" updates. There is no such thing as Routine anymore. Things are 50 times more complicated than 10 years ago.

4. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

you will get there!!!
    ...you always do (...although you have been known to take the scenic route from time to time!! ;) )

truly...thanks for all your effort and you do to keep the forum up and going for us !
    you give us a place to go ...and once in awhile you give us something to whine about...but then you always make us happy again ...without the bad times...we wouldn't recognize the good times ...who else can please so many fickle women ??
    ....just think ...where would we be spending all out time if you weren't here to keep the forum going??

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Jenel & Paula said it all so I "ditto" what they said:)
    Thank you for giving us the heads up.
    No problems here so far but if there are, we will actually survive:)
    Keep livin that dream Ryan:)

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 2
    • List
  6. nashsartwork 2017 Reunion Day Pass Team Permissions

The only thing that I have noticed is that we lost the "back to the top of the page arrow". (I hope that makes sense.:confused:) That was really helpful!

Never mind! We got it back!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  7. tlsikora Tammy Elite Plus Elite Member

Thanks for keeping things going Ryan and thanks for keeping us posted - that really helps.

8. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

I thought I lost my In Box and Alerts that were at the top of the page but I found them:D

9. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Before, when I clicked on a share it would come up to view. If there was more than one share it came up with a left and right arrow so I could view them all. Now I have to close each one and click on the next to bring up another one. Is this possibly just something I am doing wrong (my computer & my brain don't always play well together lol) or is this something that has changed?

10. OP
    OP
    Wrapcandy
    Contact

11. OP
    OP
    Wrapcandy
    Contact

@latitude you may need to clear your cookies. Cached pages in your browser. That may help.

12. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Thanks Ryan, I did do that but it didn't work. It's not the end of the world though. On the scale of 1 to 10 it is pretty low in importance.

13. OP
    OP
    Wrapcandy
    Contact

@latitude I will look into this again for you. It may be a setting for all I know.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  14. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Thank you Ryan :):):)

15. kazoo LIFETIME MEMBER 2017 Reunion Elite

I have adds covering all of the responses and comments on people's postings. It's usually the same ads all over everything.
    Please Ryan help! Thank you for all you do!

16. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

17. jenel Queen of Her Own World! Staff Member Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I get ads now too, never used to have them

18. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

...here is a little "bug" that needs your special attention Ryan :rolleyes::oops:o_O

I am quite often posting links for people ...but recently I post a live link in my comments and post my reply ...and then the next time I am in the thread I notice the link is no longer a live link ...is there a reason that is happening?? .....and can it please be fixed??

it is starting to get annoying o_O .....sorry!

19. OP
    OP
    Wrapcandy
    Contact

Can you post a screenshots because I am not understanding.

20. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

I don't remember what threads (or what forum even) it was that I had the problem...but I posted a live link to another thread...
    but then later when I revisited that page...the link was no longer live...I had to edit my post and cut the link and repost it ...it was live in my preview...but after posting it would go dead ....didnt stay live...it was just "text" not a link that you could click on to take you to the page

I have found that if I leave a blank line between my comments and the link
    and then a blank line after the link that it will remain a live link
    such as this

Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Boardhttps://wrapcandy.com/ourcommunity/forums/wrapcandy-elite-main-sharing-board.6/

as opposed to posting the link right after my comments without a empty line in between like this
    Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Boardhttps://wrapcandy.com/ourcommunity/forums/wrapcandy-elite-main-sharing-board.6/
    as an example... ...but now it probably wont do it ...and like I said...not sure what forum I had the problem in...if that would make a difference
    ...o_O

but, for now...I have found a way around it ....if I find a problem with it or find another thread where my link is no longer live...I will message you again so you can check it out!

21. OP
    OP
    Wrapcandy
    Contact

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  22. sfandm Staff Member Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

I have begun seeing large ads on every single thread that I visit, not at the top like they used to be, but in some ones post, attaching a screen shot of what I mean... I don't know how to get rid of if either.:confused: Ryan, it appears in this thread right above your answer to Paula.

Attached Files:

• ads.PNG_Forum changes, bugs and things to fix._sfandm
      ads.PNG
      File size:
      641.1 KB
      Views:
  23. tlsikora Tammy Elite Plus Elite Member

Same here - seeing large ads.

24. OP
    OP
    Wrapcandy
    Contact

Over half of them are wrapcandy posts. The are suggested posts based on browsing and search terms. If you notice 4 of them are wrapcandy posts from the forum.
    I want to place them at the end but can't dive into the forum templates today.