[TUTS] Instructions-cropping & transparent cut-outs in wc (replies #5, #11 & #18)

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Board' started by noesendeavors, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noesendeavors Registered Member

Still trying to learn!! I was trying out the cropping tool in WC. Maybe I dont understand what cropping is, but.......say I have a background on a wrapper template and I want to cut out a circle and make that circle transparent so I can place a picture under it so it shows through. I clicked on the crop thingy at the left, set the crop mode to circle, clicked on "click to crop", went to drag what I cropped to the side hoping to see a "hole" in the background but the full background was still there with no circle hole. What did I do wrong? Do I have the wrong idea of what crop means??!!! Help!!

Reply #18 PDF file with Instructions

2. maxluv Staff Elite Plus

Re: question about cropping in WC

No it doesnt do that, leave a hole, you got the circle so now you need to make that circle transparent, or lighten it by clicking on the opague button, think its called that, it makes it lighter the more you go down to say 50% you will see. If you want what looks like a hole, just use the shapes, eclispe make a circle in the middle of the wrapper, fill in white, and put your picture in there.

3. OP
    OP
    noesendeavors
    Contact

noesendeavors Registered Member

Maxluv...if I use the circle shape on top of the border and color it white, can I then make that circle area transparent? I guess Im just trying to figure out how to make something that a pic can be placed behind the background and show up through a circle or square hole so I dont have to try make a square pic round. Did that make sense? Yes I know.....Im prolly sweatin the small stuff again!!!

4. maxluv Staff Elite Plus

Yes you really are,lol.. You crop your picture round to fit into the circle that you make, then put a border around it. You dont want the background covering the picture, or maybe you do,lol

5. OP
    OP
    noesendeavors
    Contact

Okay...here is a sample of what Im talkin bout...I would like to know how to do this. The circle parts are transparent.

Attached Files:

6. OP
    OP
    noesendeavors
    Contact

okay I got it now...I do have paint.net but Im trying to learn the WC stuff first (multi tasking when it comes to the computer doesnt work with my pea brain!!). Just thought I would see if what I was wanting to do could be done in WC...I thought cropping was how it was done. (dont laugh)!! At least I know what cropping is now!! Thanks for your patience while I try to learn all this stuff.

Just tried something in WC and it worked!!!! I took a background, made a square and a heart in the middle of it, made the contour and fill color white. The option for transparency isnt there during this, so I saved image as png, then I brought my saved background back into WC and now the option is there for transparency...checked transparent, made the transparent color white and then they were transparent!! I put a pic behind it and it worked!! Check it out!

Attached Files:

• abc.png_Instructions-cropping & transparent cut-outs in wc (replies #5, #11 & #18)_noesendeavors
      abc.png
      File size:
      95.6 KB
      Views:
    • Adoreable Adoreable x 1
    • List
  7. maxluv Staff Elite Plus

Re: question about cropping in WC***I got WC to do what I wanted!!***

You go gurl..now we gonna start asking you questions you learning a bunch of stuff,lol.

8. littlehunters Registered Member

Wow! thank you so much for fiquring this out, it is so cool. Had to post a seperate post to make sure ryan sees this. I love WC and playing I think it is a great program and now even better! Still want an eraser in it though
    Thanks again!

9. chocolatelady Registered Member

off to try this out.. thanks patti

10. mialucia Elite Plus

so cool, I was wondering too if that could be done! The only program I have is WC. Great to know and thank you!

11. countrygirl 2017 Reunion Registered Member

WOW! I ran this all off, as my brain don't take it all in by reading it. I have to read and do it at the same time. So will give this a try looks very neat...Thank you for all the helpful info on doing this...

12. OP
    OP
    noesendeavors
    Contact

Hi gang!!
    I just wanted to give you a couple pointers when doing this in WC. Make sure you save your background with the "hole" first as a png before you start adding additional graphics etc. and then make the "hole" transparent first before continuing on with your wrapper. As Lee stated...it does make everything else that is white transparent if you wait until the end. I tried it on a multi colored background (with white in it), and it only made my circle area transparent. But, when I waited til the end to make it transparent, every graphic I added that had white in it became transparent as well. So just do your "hole" area first after bringing the background back into WC and you shouldnt have a problem. If you find any others pointers with this plz post...Im so glad the WC program will do this!! I hope all this made sense!!

13. mom2boyz2girlz Registered Member

Thank you so much for the info!!

14. roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Wow, this opens up a whole new world. ;D Thank you for sharing this with us. Yes, WrapCandy can do so many things that I'm sure haven't even been found out yet. That's why playing around in WrapCandy is so cool, because we all seem to learn new things that it does. This is great, thanks again. :D

15. Re: question about cropping in WC***I got WC to do what I wanted!!***

Thanks for posting your reply on this. Great tips and how you worked this out...And yes, it does work but can make any other item white transparent even if not wanting it transparent as you found out.

So what you did brings a new light to doing this cropping and making transparent in WC.

And no, we are not laughing at all. Anything you can learn or give tips on is why we are all here. If we could just get a wand... like in paint.net or psp in the new 7.3 Pro Final...that would be a great idea. Dontcha think? Then we could specify what...we want transparent.

Thanks for you input and tips of cropping in WC...

16. OP
    OP
    noesendeavors
    Contact

Yes a wand and an eraser would be AWESOME! I play around mostly in WC because I dont want to have to jump back and forth to paint.net. (I usually just go to paint.net to erase backgrounds or make something transparent....thats about all I know how to do right now!!!). So being able to do it all in WC would be totally awesome. Maybe we can get that in 7.3 pro final?? (fingers crossed)!! Anyway, glad this will help everyone and thanks for all the pats on the back!

17. helperlearner Staff Member LIFETIME MEMBER 2017 Reunion Elite Registered Member

Awesome! Thank you! Keep playing around!!!

18. pwoolfolk Staff Member Staff 2017 Reunion Elite

Wow, you go noesendeavors! Thanks for the work you did and for letting us in on it! This is especially great for members not using other editors.

19. kwink Registered Member

You can do the object that you are trying to "cut out" in any color not in your piece and choose that to be the transparent color. At the top it there is a box for - is transparent and you can check that, and then pick the transparent color.

I attached a PDF with instructions. Hope this helps, other who are trying to figure it out!

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. OP
    OP
    noesendeavors
    Contact

Kari...that is a great tip as well!! If you make the circle or square (whatever you want transparent) a totally different color than anything else you use on the wrapper, you dont have to worry about anything else getting transparent! Thanks for the tut...it made it easier to understand!!

21. Re: question about cropping in WC***I got WC to do what I wanted!!***

Kari...thank you for that great tip! See, if you stick around here for a while you learn something new. That was really a great comment to make and the pdf also!
    Another reason to keep this sticky for everyone to catch it...

22. natdilan Registered Member

Hi
    Can i do this in 7.1, i have looked and i cant seem to grasp how to do it , can i please get step by step.sorry i feel bad. do i need any other program? or WC is OK?
    Thank you and sorry for been slow :)

23. roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Natalya, you aren't slow, you are new. We were all new at one point and questions are there to be asked. :)

I don't know the answer, but wanted to bump this up in case Lee comes in to look and can answer you, or someone else comes along who knows the answer.

24. OP
    OP
    noesendeavors
    Contact

Natalya...you can do this in 7.1 pro....I have attached a sample that I did in 7.1 pro. I dont know if it can be done in 7.1 basic or not. I dont know what version you have.

Attached Files:

• List
  25. atspence Registered Member

Great tip Thanks!