Needed venting

Discussion in 'Friends Board / Lounge' started by roberta, Jul 20, 2016.

1. roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I need to vent, and my WrapCandy *family* is about the only place I could come to do it right now. I can't vent about it on my facebook, because we don't want folks knowing that I'm going to be away from the house for any length of time. So thank you for reading if you do, and I will totally understand if you don't. :::hugs:::

There have been a LOT of things going on for quite some time now, but I won't go into all of them. Many have pushed me down, and a couple things have lifted up here and there in between to help somewhat. But overall it has been 1 step forward and 3 steps backward for a long time. I don't come and post about most of them, because as the saying goes "there's always someone worse off than you" and I always felt bad about posting.

But now it's one big thing that I'm freaking out over and pulling my hair out trying to figure out "now what" <sigh>.

I live in Maryland, my Dad lives in Arizona. In 2013 my Mom passed away, and I was in Arizona for about a month with Dad, dealing with everything that needed to be at that time. However I was unable to go through everything with my Dad at that time, so we just concentrated on the "have-to's" for then, knowing we could do everything else later. Due to various reasons, I have been unable to get back there until now. The original plan (which now becomes a "now what"), was for me to fly over there in August, go through everything with Dad and pack up what was going to be coming back here to MD, as well as giving everything else to those it was supposed to go to per my Mom, then drive back across Country bringing it back, in early September. Our middle son was going to fly over there in early September to help us load the truck up, then help me drive back across Country. We had 4 days set for that drive, as that worked out in between his current job (which he would be ending right before he flew over there); and his new job (which he would be starting right after we arrived back here). My plane ticket was already purchased, and it's non-refundable. So today I'm over at my son's babysitting the grandkids, and he gets a phone call from his new Supervisor. They need him to start in August instead of September. This is wonderful for him in several ways, so he must take advantage of it. Therefore he won't be able to fly over there, help us load the truck, and help me drive back across Country.

Every time it seems like we have a plan worked out for something serious, something always has to happen to totally wipe out those plans and leave me hanging with "what now". My husband can't get off work, our oldest son can't get off work, our youngest son is in the Marines and can't take time off. I've called a few other family members already, no luck. I've called a few friends already, no luck. Not a big deal in my mind really, because to me I could just drive back across Country by myself. However my husband says no to that idea, and so do my kids.

But I have to get over there and get through Mom's things, with Dad. He said he just can't hold back on it anymore and he really needs me there with him because I'm the one who knows where it's all supposed to go and over the phone doing it, just isn't working. Plus it has been going on 3 years and I really need to spend some time with my Dad (even though it will be very busy time) because he's almost 82 and not the best in health himself. Unfortunately I have to squeeze this in between things with our son, because I'm the one who babysits the grandkids so he can work.

I'm just frazzled and freaking out because [1] I gotta go do this; [2] the ticket was already bought; [3] the dates have to be on certain dates; [4] I'm ok with driving back myself but family says no and I don't want to get into a fight with hubby over doing it anyway; [5] everything has to be sorted out very quickly on this, because of dealing with so many issues, so not even some time to work out what to do.

OMG, I just...I just...I don't know. :*( :*( I would really appreciate it if you could please say a prayer that something will work; thank you.

Thank you for letting me vent, as most of you know it helps to just vent; and this did help me to breathe a little easier, just getting it all typed out. :::hugs:::

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  2. bev12sue Maui Hawaii May 2014 Elite Plus

Do you have a good friend who would be willing to go with you? Maybe if you could pay her alittle to help out? Just a thought. So sorry for all your problems right now. It can be overwhelming for sure.

• List
  3. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I've called a few other family members already, no luck. I've called a few friends already, no luck. I still have more phone calls to make, but nothing good so far <sigh>.

Thank you, overwhelming indeed.

I'm just hoping and praying that if there are enough prayers said, something will work out.

4. smjackson2 Blessed Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Sorry about all your going through right now Bobbi. Try to take it one day at a time and hopefully everything will work out.

• List
  5. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Hi Bobbi, I'm SO SO sorry you're going through all of this!! I am so sorry no friend or family member has stepped up to truly help you! I KNOW we're all busy but if I see a friend in desperate need (let alone a family member), I would be there! All i can do is add you to my daily prayers and hope this gets resolved. GOD answers prayers and I know that with all of us praying, someone will SOON to help you that you'll call your guardian angel! Blessings my friend.

• List
  6. mialucia Elite Plus

I feel for you Bobbi as I am going through something too! Everyone says, "call me if you need anything" and when you do they have many excuses.
    I was always the one to help others when needed before I got sick.
    I will keep you in my prayers. Ana is right, God answers prayers. All will work out for the best. BREATHE! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

Thank you everyone for your thought and prayers. I believe in the power of prayer and know that something will somehow work out. Thanks again. :) :::hugs:::

8. jjhoward777 Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member Registered Member

Awwww Praying for you and whatever decision you make that you are safe

• List
  9. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Bobbi, I know only too well how difficult it is when you are far away from family. Lost both my mum and my dad without being able to be there for them. Unfortunately I was ill when my dad took a turn for the worse or I would have had to be there for him. You will find a way. There is always a way. Be strong and stay positive. Our thoughts are with you and you will do whatever is right for you all.

• List
  10. myunicornlfm Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member Elite Registered Member

Oh Bobbi, I'm so sorry that you are again having to deal with a bad situation. You are very much in my thoughts and prayers.

• List
  11. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

Thank you folks for your thought and prayers, they are greatly appreciated. Nothing has worked itself out as of yet, but I haven't given up. I do believe in the power of prayer and I know that something will somehow work out.

Thanks again. :) :::hugs:::