NEW QUESTIONS - REPLY #6 - Displays for your website...

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Board' started by hearts, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hearts Elite Plus

Whenever I have a few minutes, I try to design something for my Download section of my website.

My question is - What size do you make your pictures that show what they are purchasing with each set? And, do you use something fancy - decorated - or with your name and/or logo on it, or just a plain square?

I will be making my displays in WC - so, would I use the 'none' template, and, what dpi should I save the things I am going to sell?

Thanks for any help. I want to start getting some of my displays ready to put on the website. :)

2. pooknboobooks Registered Member

Re: Displays for your website...

great questions I'd love to know also.

Thanks,
    Laura

3. cruzin Staff

As for the dpi, you should use 72 to 100. Good enough to view, but not so much for print, which helps to deter people from snagging your designs and printing them out for free. Also make sure to have some type of watermark on your pics ('sample', your logo, your website addy)

For the size, I don't think it really matters as long as you have a watermark and a low dpi. Play around with the size: 3X3 to 5X5 is pretty decent.

I hope this helps. . .maybe someone can jump in here and offer their take on it.

Gloria

4. OP
    OP
    hearts
    Contact

hearts Elite Plus

Thank you. So, for the actual downloads that my customers will receive after paying, what dpi should I use there? 300?

5. cruzin Staff

200 is sufficient for printing, which is what I normally do for my sets, but I know alot of people go with 300 dpi.

300 is way too big and takes up too much space on the computers, in my opinion, but it's great for the quality.

Gloria

6. OP
    OP
    hearts
    Contact

hearts Elite Plus

I know I have saved some of the things I made in 300, and, when I tried to post them to the forum, they would not post. I figured it was because it was too big. ???

7. OP
    OP
    hearts
    Contact

hearts Elite Plus

OK, I just went into WC to see what the default is when you make something and save it. Mine was 600 dpi. So, that's unnecessary, right?

And, is it just because the files are larger the larger the dpi, right? Takes more time to upload them to my sight, and, longer for customer to download, right?

So, I need to have double files, right? One for the display at a 72 to 100 dpi, and, another at 200 dpi for the download they purchase, right?

8. lksanss Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Registered Member

Question???? How do you put a "sample" watermark on items

Thanks

9. happywrapper1 HAPPY WRAPPER KAREN Elite Plus

Lynn...this link is from the old forum so you'll have to log into the old forum after your click on this, then come out of the old forum and click on the link again. You should then be able to see these nice "Sample" files that Sandi created. http://wrapcandy.com/community/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=54179&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

10. lksanss Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Registered Member

Thanks Karen....Got them..