Newbie but not a newbie - have a question

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by kirsten, Sep 8, 2016.

1. kirsten Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

OK I have been on and off since 2005. I have had the program since then as well and I use it for EVERYTHING. LOVE IT .. Love Ryan, Love Everyone ! lol

Question, I have someone who is asking me to design a LARGE banner for her to have printed for Craft Fairs, that match the smaller JPG banners and bow cards I have made her.

I thought there was a banner program that Ryan created and I could be wrong .. can anyone lead me towards the right direction of where this program is, if it even exists or maybe know of one I can use ?

Thank you - Kirsten

2. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

There is a poster maker programme. Log into your membership page, https:/wrapcandy.com/art/member and on the active subscription it should show the poster programme and it should be possible to download via the active resources section. Try there first ... unless it has been changed along the way.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Roxy, thanks for helping:)

4. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

ohh great to know! I had heard about it too, but this has sparked my interest too! Thanks for asking Kirsten and thanks for helping Roxy!

5. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

thanks for helping Roxy !!

the poster program is a nice one to have ...I have used it many times for projects for my nieces and sister for things for school, their 4-H stuff and also for sewing and quilting projects !

for some reason your link didn't post "live"
    will try to post a "live link" here
    Wrapcandy "Sweet" Appshttps://www.wrapcandy.com/art/member

also...here is a ink to some limited instructions/tips (read through the comments)
    https://wrapcandy.com/ourcommunity/threads/wrapcandy-simple-poster-maker.85608/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

7. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

yep......that might be .....
    I always copy/paste my links....other wise I would always be getting it typed wrong o_Oo_O

8. chriskari Rosa Herrera Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus

Thank you for the information, and for caring and helping Roxy and Paula!! :)

9. OP
    OP
    kirsten
    Contact

kirsten Registered Member

Thank you everyone, The poster maker is causing an Error... I am not sure why. Maybe I need to Uninstall and REinstall it ?

10. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

what kind of error...and at what point in the process...you haven't given us much info to go on .....

11. OP
    OP
    kirsten
    Contact

I deleted it. I apologize, I have never used it before. I was simply just trying to upload a background and it gave me an error. I don't remember what it said. I was going to try and download it again, but I have to find the program :( talk about being inpatient.. lol me here !

12. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

no...that isn't the poster program.....

13. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

on your active subscriptions...does it list the poster maker program??
    if so (and it should be there)
    go to active resources and download WCPM2.zip (it should be in blue)

14. OP
    OP
    kirsten
    Contact

15. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

yes...the second one down (in blue) click on the blue

16. OP
    OP
    kirsten
    Contact

OK I got the poster maker, now let me see what happens.... stay tuned :)

17. OP
    OP
    kirsten
    Contact

18. OP
    OP
    kirsten
    Contact

I may be doing this wrong, I try to upload a background, go to OPEN and go to my backgrounds and this is what happens

19. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

20. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

yea...I have used it but not often and every time I have to "re-learn" it ! ....it is a little tricky ....but I don't recall having problems with getting a background in ...
    let me open mine and see if it jogs my memory

...also did you read through the tips in that thread I posted earlier in reply 5 ..? that might give you some help...I didn't read through it ( ...cuz Im not using it, so didn't see a need to :oops:)...but posted it for you

21. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

click on file
    click on open then choose your background

then......... is that when you get the error??

did you try a different image to see if you still get an error...it could be a problem with the image...is it a bitmap or png or jpeg etc>?

the error says to click continue and it will ignore the error...did you try that?

another thought.........I don't remember...but does it have a place where you have to register the program??
    maybe click on help and see if there is a register option??
    mine doesn't have it ...but mine is registered...so I don't know if there used to be one or not...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  22. OP
    OP
    kirsten
    Contact

Yes I did Everything, I gave up for the night. lol

23. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

okay...sorry it isn't working for you ...you say you did everything...but you aren't telling me what is happening when you try the things I suggest etc... I know it is frustrating ... and you are trying things... but unfortunately from my computer, I cant tell what you are doing with yours and what it is doing in return... so I have to ask questions and wait for detailed answers ...or I have no way of knowing....

maybe someone else will come along with some suggestions or someone that can help better than I can ...
    sorry !!

here is another suggestion ...totally unrelated to the WC poster maker program
    check your printer options...some printers have a poster option on them

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  24. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Thanks for trying Paula. Personally not used the programme .... so can't help, sorry. Hope you get sorted Kristen :)