Old forum?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by phunter, May 13, 2017.

1. phunter Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member Registered Member

hi guys. I haven't been here in YEARS!! but I just logged back on from my phone and I get a pop up showing old forum will delete May 31st? Am I in the right area or do I need to go somewhere else to get active?

2. sfandm Staff Member Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

LET ME TRY AND HELP YOU OUT, GIVE ME A MINUTE PLEASE...

3. sfandm Staff Member Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

Ok dear, it does not look like you are a registered member, the forum changed some time back, and now there is a monthly subscription to view and snag shares from the Elite forum. The old forum had a LOT of issues, and to continue to make the new one work, Ryan (owner) has decided to eliminate the old forum as of May 31st this year.

I believe right now you can purchase a yearly subscription for $49, regularly $9.99 per month, altho I can't find the ad right now, I may be mistaken on the $49 special. But by becoming a paid member, you get to post, snag, and share on the Elite forum, which in my opinion, is worth every penny. You, as a paid member will also be able to go to the old forum and snag all the shares from there (over 3000 pages) until they are all deleted on the 31st. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

4. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Thank you Sonya:)

5. OP
    OP
    phunter
    Contact

phunter Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member Registered Member

thank you so much!!!
    I'll definitely do the yearly. I saw some great templates I'd like to try.

6. OP
    OP
    phunter
    Contact

ok,,,i have questions.. is there an email address or 800# i can call ??

7. OP
    OP
    phunter
    Contact

8. OP
    OP
    phunter
    Contact

9. maxluv Staff Elite Plus

You can ask right here..

10. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

no, there is not a phone number
    and the only email would be for Ryan...but as maxluv mentioned.....you can inquire here on the forum ...or click on the ad for info on the subscription

11. OP
    OP
    phunter
    Contact

i see the 49.00 for year subscription, but what is the $5 for ?
    $5 Dollar Gold Member Monthly??? on top of the 49 you pay $5 a month for ??

12. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

13. sfandm Staff Member Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

Thanks everyone for responding and helping, I could not get on for a couple days. Phunter, I took the liberty of doing a screen shot of the exact ad we have been talking about, I don't see a $5 either, it could be a screen glitch of some sort, but you should not have any problems signing up and paying, the membership gives you three payment options. And once you have paid for the membership, Ryan will send you an email confirmation showing your payment and forum status.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any other problems, we all try to help as much as we can.

14. sfandm Staff Member Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

Please see my post to you further down... thanks

15. OP
    OP
    phunter
    Contact

that is so weird.. ok, i dont see your screen shot, but i will go back to the HOME page. i'm on my computer at work, not sure if that matters??

one more question. when i'm here in this forum i see a ton of advertisements
    is that normal?
    i know i'm super late with this but i just saw the personalized chip bags so this is what prompted me to check out WC
    are there still templates available or would i need to snag them from the "old" forum??

16. OP
    OP
    phunter
    Contact

that is so weird.. ok, i dont see your screen shot, but i will go back to the HOME page. i'm on my computer at work, not sure if that matters??

one more question. when i'm here in this forum i see a ton of advertisements
    is that normal?
    i know i'm super late with this but i just saw the personalized chip bags so this is what prompted me to check out WC
    are there still templates available or would i need to snag them from the "old" forum??
    i was at the home screen, then order tab
    right above the space where you start to put your name
    it shows
    NO THANKS
    $5 GOLD MONTHLY
    PLATINUM 9.99
    PLATINUM BUSINESS 99.00

17. sfandm Staff Member Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

I am SO sorry, I did not attach it, here it is...

I will also try to answer all of your questions here...

The link that Paula shared should get you to the correct page to order the yearly at $49, don't use any other route, I double checked the link and it works great.

As far as advertisements go, you won't see a LOT of them once you pay for your Elite membership, one of the many perks of having a paid membership, in MHO.

ALL of the templates you are seeing, as well as newer ones are all shared in one post that member Paula so graciously made for everyone, I can't recall when it was started, once you become a paid member, you will see a LOT of other things that you don't now, one of which is a thread totally devoted to the templates, and yes, even the chip bag is in there, I know at last count, there were well over 200+ templates available for download, and a lot of them even come with a cwr file, which is great to use in Wrapcandy program.

You might also want to check out the video tutorials on youtube, I have made quite a few over the past couple years, and Ryan made several himself, plus other members have shared video and other tuts here on the WC forum.

My advice would be to, after paying for your membership, to scroll the old forum, I will even bump up the post I made about the pages, the link to get there, and other info for you. Also, what version of Wrapcandy do you have? I noticed you became a regular member back in 2006, I could be wrong. You want to open your program up and see what version you do have, you can find it top right (I am also including a screenshot of mine) it is all the numbers.

You may want to think about upgrading, I am not familiar with how that works, maybe someone else can answer it for you. I hope this has helped you a little, and don't be afraid of asking questions here at all, we are here to help you in any way we can.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. OP
    OP
    phunter
    Contact

OK,, THANK ty ty!!
    I remember buying the program when my son graduated so, yep must have been around 2006 ish LOL!! i dont think i even have the program anymore because it probably wasn't transferred from one computer to the next over the years. now that i have a grandson i definitely want to try some new things.
    thank you ladies for your help. I will follow the link to purchase

19. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

thanks for helping Sonya!

20. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Ladies, thank you for helping out:)

21. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

to answer the question about the old forum...yes the old forum will be deleted May 31

so be sure to go over and snag anything you might want before it is too late
    This Board has officially Moved. All resources will be updated. - Indexhttps://www.wrapcandy.com/forum/index.php

and here is the link to the template thread here on this "new"/current forum
    Featured - Templates And Dimensions Guidehttps://wrapcandy.com/ourcommunity/threads/templates-and-dimensions-guide.216/