Featured Reminder for october round up and a share

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Round Up Every FIRST Friday' started by paulakw, Sep 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

so it seems we all forgot about September Round Up ... at least I don't remember getting one started and am not finding it if someone else may have took the initiative to get one going .....sooo, I feel kinda bad about that!:oops:

so I am posting a reminder for October Round Up (...it wouldn't officially be till Friday October 6th)
    ...but since we neglected September :oops: ......I plan to start October Round Up early and will be starting it this coming Friday September 29
    I do hope you will all consider making a little something to share

aaaannnd.......... here is a little share just because I feel bad about forgetting September !
    I made these character pillow boxes to use for Halloween, but I think kids would have fun with them anytime :) ...so if anyone likes them and wants without the Happy Halloween greeting...just let me know!
    You can print, assemble and use as is......... or get a little more creative and add a bit of yarn for a little "tuft" of "hair"
    I am posting a picture of something similar I did a few years ago to give you a little bit of a visual of what they might look like with the yarn hair ...add as much or as little as you like

the faces I made on these character pillow boxes are made mostly of pieces from the monster pieces that Mary Ann shared with us awhile back
    https://wrapcandy.com/ourcommunity/...r-imagination-takes-you-lets-have-fun.155492/

Hope to see you at Round Up !! :)

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 6
    • Adoreable Adoreable x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. dusia Danita21 Elite Plus Elite

I like them Paula, thank you for sharing with us.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  3. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Oh so cute Paula, thank you and thank you for the reminder. I will try to add to the round up (stuff going on):)

4. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

completely understand.....life sometimes gets in the way with "have to do's" and doesn't leave time for the "want to do's" ;)

5. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Thanks for understanding Miss "P". My life should be back to somewhat normal (normal really doesn't describe my life at the best of times lol) by Round Up:)

6. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

I am sitting there right along side you in that "normal" thing!!

• List
  7. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

wow!! Darling darling darling! Thank you Paula!! I'll be ready!

8. jilliebean Member since 2005 Elite Plus

Cute Paula. Thanks for sharing them. I will try to have something to share but don't hold me to it. Depends on how hubby is doing and if he is still in the hospital .

9. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Sorry to hear that your hubby is in the hospital. Hope he is home soon.

10. jilliebean Member since 2005 Elite Plus

Thank you Latitude. I do too. :)

11. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

awesome .....looking forward to it :)

12. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

would love to see you able to join in , but I totally understand....you do what you gotta do ...we all "get it".....besides I would be disappointed in you if you didn't take care of his/your needs first!!

13. roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Paula, please don't feel bad. You are a VERY busy person and things can slip by you the same as they can slip by any of us!

Thank you for the cute shares, adorable.

14. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

thanks Roberta, nice of you to try to "give me a pass on my neglectfulness".
    ..I was busy ...my sister and family had their annual fish fry that weekend and I was off helping her get ready for that on that Friday (80-100people attend their annual fish fry each year) ...it is not a community event, it is just something they do as a family and invite extended family and friends to join them ......so lots of prep and work involved in putting it together

...but honestly being busy isnt what kept me from doing it ...Round Up simply just did not enter my mind that day...or the days leading up to it. :oops:
    but, .... I do feel bad that not only I neglected to get it going ...but none of the other mods took the initiative to do it. :oops:
    so ...yes, I do feel bad....interaction on the forum has been so sparse from anyone lately...so I do feel bad...but I also realize we need interaction and participation from all of us...not just me.:(
    thanks again for trying to make me feel better about it.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 2
    • List
  15. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I gave this a try...and I have NO idea how you did the hair...look at my try!! How did you do it?? Gosh, I wish I had Paula's hands!!! UGhhh...help me!

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 3
    • List
  16. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

well, nothing wrong with those ....they are cute just as they are!! I like them !!

here is how I made mine
    I made a little tassel or pompom and then glued onto the candy wrapper/pillowbox ...
    sort of like I do the ribbon tufts for the candy bouquets...but for these, I just cut a 2-3 inch piece of cardboard (depending on how long I wanted the hair) and wrapped yarn around it a few times ...then slide it off the cardboard and tied another piece of yarn around the center...then cut the loops open and fluff it up a bit....glued it on top and let them dry ...

after they were dry, ...I gave some of them "hair cuts" depending on how I wanted it to look...some have longer hair than others...
    sometimes I do more loops than others so some have thicker hair than others....there is no right or wrong! ...just get creative with it and have fun with it ...I used all different colors of yarn too ..purple, pink, white, black, gray, green, blue orange, red...etc........couple of them I did black with just a few strand of white

17. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

WOW...you do an amazing job!!! Had no idea you did all that for the hair....I spent no time with mine and it shows :( Thank you Paula for explaining!

18. tlsikora Tammy Elite Plus Elite Member

Thanks for the share, Paula. These are fun! Nice job on them, Ana.

• List
  19. bev12sue Maui Hawaii May 2014 Elite Plus

Those are cute Paula, thanks for sharing.

• List
  20. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

well, it sounds like a lot more than it really is .... it is pretty quick and no fuss....when I first made them I wasn't sure how long to make the hair...so I had to experiment and then had to give haircuts to some of them cuz I did too much o_O

my cousin is one of my best customers and she spoils her nieces/nephews rotten at all the holidays ...she always orders lots of fun stuff from me to give to them for Easter, Halloween, Christmas ...that was a project I did for her..... and then ended up doing more for other people that she showed them to and they wanted for their Halloween treats ...I originally did them as Hershey bar sleeves
    but I was on pinterest and saw something similar but made with pillow boxes...and liked that idea ....so I figured I could make some of those up and share here

• List
  21. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Can I borrow your hands for ONE day...JUST ONE day!!! I'll send them back via UPS next day, I promise!

22. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

LOL...if there were a way to do that...I sure would do that for you!!

23. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I agree (hence my icon click of "Agree"), but I do NOT doubt you would do that for me (us)....your heart is full of kindness!!

24. jenel Queen of Her Own World! Staff Member Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Thank you

25. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

These are a wonderful use of the graphics shared by Mary Ann, Just goes to show how a little thought can create a big outcome. Love them. Thank you Paula