Which printers?

May 2, 2019
I was wondering whicj printer people use for projects? For things like tic tac sleeves which a slightly odd shape do you use a cricut? These would take ages cut by hand.. Im new to this and having a play whilst learning.. I've got a really good Canon atm with a great print quality but I think. Cricut would enable me To complete more complex projects..
Thanks in advance

roberta

Roberta (aka: Bobbi)
Elite Plus
Elite Member
Feb 17, 2005
Southern Maryland
premierclipart.etsy.com
You are actually talking about two different things. A Cricut isn't a printer, it's a cutter like the Silhouette Cameo cutter.

As for a printer, I use an Epson WorkForce WF-7720 inkjet. Love it. It prints great, uses little ink in regards to things but still looks beautiful. Ink isn't very expensive.

As for a cutter, I use the Silhouette Cameo 3. I use it to cut pretty much everything because of my osteoarthritis; and I LOVE it. I never owned a Cricut so I can't personally compare them, but I know some folks here who have used both so hopefully they will chime in. I also know a couple folks personally around here who have used both who said they no longer use the Cricut as the Cameo spoiled them, LOL.

May 2, 2019
Thank you.. That's what I mean I've got a really good printer but it's cutting. Not sure about. Say I need 100 tic tac sleeves, I'd be better with something that cuts too?.. Very confused newbie here

roberta

Roberta (aka: Bobbi)
Elite Plus
Elite Member
Feb 17, 2005
Southern Maryland
premierclipart.etsy.com
Take a deep breath, you got this! :) It all takes time, and once you sort things out it will all come naturally and be so awesome for you.

I use my Cameo for cutting out most everything as I mentioned above. Including tic tac wrappers. It honestly is up to you though, because some folks say they love cutting them out by hand. I can't physically do that anymore, after about the second one; so a cutter is my route in order to keep making things. It does make it much easier and quicker when doing larger orders, that's for sure.

You would just make the file in wrapcandy, then save as image and save as a JPG or PNG whichever you prefer, then open up the Silhouette software and bring in your JPG or PNG file. Then you can set it to print out however many you want, and then cut them out. It sounds complicated but once you've done it a couple of times it's very easy and quick to deal with.

There are many videos on youtube for using the Cameo, and also for using the Cricut. You could check them out and maybe get a hint from those as to which might work better for you.