"attach files" button

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Is anyone else having an issue with the "attach files" button? I have it so I can't see what is going on.

I have changed nothing as I don't know how to change things if I wanted to..... lol. I don't know enough (thanks Ryan) to troubleshoot things on the forum since I don't, I touch NOTHING and make no changes. It saddens me that I can't help when issues go awry.

I do know how to add categories to the forum and move things around but that is about it. So if any of you see Ryan lurking around ask him to help me fix things so wrapcandy does not die altogether. Thanks

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Is it actually showing the download all files link on all of the files. I was able to download one of the templates this morning from the kit kat thread but then I did them individually. Since then - owww I have just seen the attach file in the reply. Maybe it is working again

Sadly not. I tried the valentines thread again and its not there

OP
jenel

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Is it actually showing the download all files link on all of the files. I was able to download one of the templates this morning from the kit kat thread but then I did them individually. Since then - owww I have just seen the attach file in the reply. Maybe it is working again

Sadly not. I tried the valentines thread again and its not there
Do you have it on other threads on the forum?

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
no, the valentine thread wont let me attach, nor the other threads. For some reason I can use attach on this one though (a new thread?)

OP
jenel

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
no, the valentine thread wont let me attach, nor the other threads. For some reason I can use attach on this one though (a new thread?)
hmmmmmm strange. Try posting on a new thread and I can move it

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Just trying to post new valentine thread on pro forum but not showing any attach files link - will try general

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I wish I knew what to do to help!

I see attach files, and was just able to attach a couple of files to the thread I made for ISO.
Check in the protected forum area! I could view in unprotected but not in protected forum. Jenel had to attach the valentine files in that thread but I still cant view them if I click on them

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I read this thread - and I have an attach files button here under this box - I wish I was more computer literate :(
Yes, all the threads in general forum can be read and attached to. It is the ones in the protected forum that can't be added to or viewed through the clicking on the item. Click on forum at the top of the page, scroll down to protected forums, then click on, for example, the christmas thread you commented on https://wrapcandy.com/forum/threads/merry-christmas.1183/ (click on the blue underlined link in this message and it will take you right there). You will probably find you are unable to attach through reply or view the image (you will see it but if you click on it you will not be able to view it)

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I don't think I understand correctly. I just went to the link and clicked on it to view the image and this is what I see, what I normally have seen, it came up for me. What is it I'm not understanding? Please help me out here?

Attachments

• 1674438635988.png
    1674438635988.png
    480 KB · Views: 5
OP
jenel

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
It seems that the "gremlin" is picking on Latitude, wishfulthinker, and me as we are having issues on the forum and we wanted to see if it was just us 3 or others also

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@roberta = This image you have shown has been put onto the forum (general) not in the protected. If you attach here we can all see and all view the image. It is only in the protected forum that we are having issues. The general forum can be viewed (and probably downloaded) by EVERYONE. The protected forum can only be viewed and downloaded by members!