My First Tumblers Made

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
So I've now made my first, second, and third tumblers. If you are toying around with making them but haven't taken the plunge yet, just do it and take the plunge! I will warn you though, as many have said, it's addicting LOL. Once you start, you won't want to stop.

Some things I learned that might help others when you decipher as you will. On the first tumbler (IPA) I didn't get it lined up as well as I should have, didn't even think about it before pressing; so I need to pay more attention to detail as they say. I taped not only the seam but also all around the top and all around the bottom. It ghosted some around the bottom and leaked some onto the bottom. A few folks told me not to tape the top nor the bottom and ghosting wouldn't happen, so on my second and third tumblers (Eagles) I only taped the seam. Ghosting didn't happen around the top (which it didn't on the first tumbler either), but it definitely did around the bottom again. So I will please take all suggestions from those of you who have figured out the secret to not getting the ghosting nor smudging on the bottom, and thank you in advance.

I have had a couple friends tell me to cut/size my design a little bit before the bottom of the tumbler and there won't be any ghosting. But then you have a little bit of white tumbler showing at the bottom. Does that still look ok with a full bleed design on the rest of it? Or as I mentioned, I'll gladly love all suggestions on how to fix this.

**Side note** no I don't sell the NFL as its licensed, I made these two for some friends who love the Eagles.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    977.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 13
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    914.3 KB · Views: 17

suedavison

Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
So I've now made my first, second, and third tumblers. If you are toying around with making them but haven't taken the plunge yet, just do it and take the plunge! I will warn you though, as many have said, it's addicting LOL. Once you start, you won't want to stop.

Some things I learned that might help others when you decipher as you will. On the first tumbler (IPA) I didn't get it lined up as well as I should have, didn't even think about it before pressing; so I need to pay more attention to detail as they say. I taped not only the seam but also all around the top and all around the bottom. It ghosted some around the bottom and leaked some onto the bottom. A few folks told me not to tape the top nor the bottom and ghosting wouldn't happen, so on my second and third tumblers (Eagles) I only taped the seam. Ghosting didn't happen around the top (which it didn't on the first tumbler either), but it definitely did around the bottom again. So I will please take all suggestions from those of you who have figured out the secret to not getting the ghosting nor smudging on the bottom, and thank you in advance.

I have had a couple friends tell me to cut/size my design a little bit before the bottom of the tumbler and there won't be any ghosting. But then you have a little bit of white tumbler showing at the bottom. Does that still look ok with a full bleed design on the rest of it? Or as I mentioned, I'll gladly love all suggestions on how to fix this.

**Side note** no I don't sell the NFL as its licensed, I made these two for some friends who love the Eagles.
Impressive! Good Job.

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Yes Bobbi, I think they turned out really well. I looked but saw no ghosts of any description. I understand smudging is connected to mascara so don't understand how it affects the tumblers and I always thought you bled if you cut yourself. Other than that, well done you. The world of sublimation looks quite interesting, but you have to save lots of pennies first which I haven't quite mastered. This year, maybe ....
Thank you Bobbi, great job.

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@shirley_1950 what is the secret to not get the ghosting nor smearing at the bottom? Do you tape, do you not tape? Do you cut or size your design to stop a little before the bottom?