Recent Windows Update Breaks Default Text in Wrapcandy

ryansaw

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
As many of you know, the october 13th Windows update to .netframeworks breaks text in wrapcandy. I am working on a solution and will keep you posted.

For those of you who need to print out orders today, you can get text to work by clicking the reset on the contour color. This works when inserting new text and for existing text.

Currently, when you insert text it looks like an ink blot.

1634232565081.png

Just Hit the Reset Button for the contour color and it will fix the problem.

1634232843914.png

If you want to add contour, you just hit the up arrow so it has a value 0.01

For existing templates with many text boxes, use the layers panel on the right hand side. Simply click any layer that starts with TEXT and hit reset for the contour color.
1634232484439.png

NOTE: Old text boxes; (text that was created in Version 7.0 and 7.1 are not affected by the inkblots bug)

Attachments

• 1634232668840.png
    1634232668840.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 0

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
At least when I turn computer off and close wc I know any problem can be fixed. Thank you Ryan and all those who tried and tested and became guinea pigs in resolving this problem. As Donna said it does bring members back on. Always a bonus. :)

digger1611

Wrapcandy Pro
Thank you so much Ryan, greatly appreciate it.

"inkblots bug"....such a great name. ;)
Thank you so much Ryan, greatly appreciate it.

"inkblots bug"....such a great name. ;)
Hi Roberta Just wondering if you could help. I have to confess I dont spend a lot of time on the forum these days - but after the ink blot issue I did take a look on to see if there ws a problem - however by the time I had done so - I had tried to unistall the system updates which programs and apps off my system - one of the being wrapcandy I downloaded a 'freebie' version - which is not suitable for printing, cropping etc - I had the professional version - please could you advise how I can get the pro back or would I need to purchase again even though I have lifetime membership? Im stressing as I have so many wrappers to get done

C

Christine

Hi Just wondering if you could help. I have to confess I dont spend a lot of time on the forum these days - but after the ink blot issue I did take a look on to see if there ws a problem - however by the time I had done so - I had tried to uninstall the system updates which programs and...
You should be able to download it from you account.
On this page click on "Home" towards the top on the left
Then click on "account" top of that page on right. ( as long as you are signed in)
That should show all your information, and under resources, your active downloads.
(you MAY have to register it with your current User/Password)

digger1611

Wrapcandy Pro
You should be able to download it from you account.
On this page click on "Home" towards the top on the left
Then click on "account" top of that page on right. ( as long as you are signed in)
That should show all your information, and under resources, your active downloads.
(you MAY have to register it with your current User/Password)
Hi Christine thanks for your response. I click on all the steps listed and just get to Index of/74 with all blue active links? Not too sure what to do then or where to go (please dont answer 😅 lol)

digger1611

Wrapcandy Pro
What happens? Please let us know and we will try to help. (Any consolation, I am also a dinosaur!)
Thankfully Im not alone :)
All I can get too is 7.4 which is a demo version - no printing, no cropping etc and I couldnt find anywhere to register. Didnt get that as an option Totally baffled but I'm probably missing the obvious.

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
You need to open a blank page on the software then, as Chris and Bobbi said, you need to click on the help icon at the top of the page and it should give you the option to register the software. @digger1611

Attachments

• 1634312666196.png
    1634312666196.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 3