haven't been around much

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I haven't been around around as much as before and haven't been sharing except some previous shares.

1) I was diagnosed with cancer 1 week before Christmas and because of Covid it took four and a half months to
get in for surgery. No "I'm sorry" because when I had my follow up the surgeon said they got it all (thank you God).
Next follow up is Oct. 05.
2) Two days before my surgery we had to take our beloved 3 1/2 pound 15 year old fur baby , Chicklet, in to the Vet Emergency Hospital.
One hour after getting home from the hospital, we got a call saying we had to come and say goodbye to her (okay, now you can say I'm sorry). That was really tuff, never had kids so she was our baby.
3) Next.......we had a leak in our kitchen ceiling from the sprinkler head.
New counter tops, backsplash, and repairs to a 10 foot by 3.5 foot hole in our ceiling.
Every particle of dust in the universe is in my house.
4) While doing the repairs hubby cracked a rib and developed a hernia (from being stupid). We all know how "most" husbands don't handle pain well. So.....I am very proud of myself because any of you that know me, knows I have nooooo patience. Happy to report he is alive a well and not in pieces in my freezer.
5) This has absolutely nothing to do with any of the above but when Covid hit I was one of "THOSE" you know, the toilet paper hoarders. Well, I got some Purex. Am soooo happy to report that I am finally down to the last 2 rolls of the horrible crap (tee hee). That is the punishment that hoarders get.

Now that this is long enough to be considered to be a book, I wanted to let all of you know that I am still here, LOVE the new forum and hope to participate more in the near future.

Forgot to say...........I think that when I was in the operating room, the very bright light above me sucked up all and any creativity I had. But I am soooooo not going back to retrieve it though lol.

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I am glad that you have posted this 'mess'age to tell us that you have had a pretty bad time of things. Also, so, so glad to hear that they got rid of that nasty stuff in your person! Onwards and upwards is the only way to go now.

You have maintained your humour even though it seems like everything that could have gone wrong, did. Thank you. You made me laugh out loud.

I have visions of your hubby being put in the freezer .... well that is where you put ribs isn't it? Hopefully he has now recovered enough to finish off all the repairs that have been undertaken in your house.
As for the toilet paper hoarding .... serves your right and hope it was pretty uncomfortable .... beats the news paper we had to use cos all those selfish people bought the toilet rolls! Yes, I am joking.... all you who are saying what a nasty person I am for saying that. Is there an emoji showing tongue in cheek.

Know how you feel about the cat/dog though cos we lost ours too in April. She left two boys though who both miss her terribly. One of whom is now on heart medication only diagnosed after the mum passed. We thought he was just missing her but he was quite poorly. Hopefully he will improve over time.

You too will start to feel better with time and you WILL get your creative juices back.
Look forward to seeing you post stuff as and when and glad you are being positive about everything.
Take care Donna @latitude

ryansaw

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
  • Getting diagnosed with cancer during the pandemic must have been terrible. I am so glad you are okay and they got all the cancer out. Thank you Jesus.

I am very sorry to learn about Chicklet. It's never easy to lose pet because they are family.

In one of George Carlin comedy bits he said:

Every pet is a tiny tragedy waiting to happen.​

The small tragedy is that we outlive them and it is so true. :eek:(

Husband in the freezer. That one had me laughing.

I love your attitude and humor in this post!

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
My Dear Donna, @latitude

I am going to say I am sorry. Sorry that you had to go through all of the things you had to, your health and your fur baby. When I started reading this, it brought me to tears and then, I read about your husband and the freezer and I laughed out loud. Kevin wanted to know what was so funny and when I read it to him, he said "that's not funny". I told him "yes, it was and he better behave or that could happen to him". I read the part about the toilet paper. Then he laughed.

I love your humor in everything. You are so positive. You are an inspiration. I was feeling sorry for myself my toes and diabetes, but it is so insignificant compared to cancer. Comes to find out that it was only a toe fungus and the toenail was black because of the pressure it was putting it under the nail. They took off the nail got rid of the fungus it had and now I am good as new.

My heart is so full that they got all the cancer. Lots of prayers that when you go back in October that you get the same news. You will back to yourself soon, God works in marvelous ways. He knows that your work here was not done and you have more to do. Also, the forum and all of us will be here when you are ready, don't push yourself.

God Bless Donna and take care of yourself and the hubby.

C

Christine

Donna (@latitude ) 🥰

CLICK to enlarge for FULL SIZE

missyadonna.jpg

Last edited:
OP
latitude

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Hey everyone, thank you all for the very kind words and thoughts and prayers.

Actually, the main reason that I posted this was to let everyone know that I haven't abandoned
this awesome forum. It is great that so many of the long time members are showing up again,
but I have seen a lot pop in and then poof, they're gone & they don't come back.

Ryan has done an awesome job (I really like this word if you haven't noticed) getting it all back up and running.
This new forum is going to give the original a run for the money. Also........Bobbi, Roxy, Chris and Jenel are doing
more than their share to make this forum "awesome" (just had to use my favorite descriptive word), thank you all.

Speaking of descriptive words.........Roxy, what does mean "pithy remarks" mean?

Now..........I am going to raise my glass of wine (another one of my favorite things) and celebrate today because
my punishment for being a toilet paper hoarder has been served, the last roll is gone (kinda with a little help)
she says with an innocent smile:)

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Hey everyone, thank you all for the very kind words and thoughts and prayers.

Actually, the main reason that I posted this was to let everyone know that I haven't abandoned
this awesome forum. It is great that so many of the long time members are showing up again,
but I have seen a lot pop in and then poof, they're gone & they don't come back.

Ryan has done an awesome job (I really like this word if you haven't noticed) getting it all back up and running.
This new forum is going to give the original a run for the money. Also........Bobbi, Roxy, Chris and Jenel are doing
more than their share to make this forum "awesome" (just had to use my favorite descriptive word), thank you all.

Speaking of descriptive words.........Roxy, what does mean "pithy remarks" mean?

Now..........I am going to raise my glass of wine (another one of my favorite things) and celebrate today because
my punishment for being a toilet paper hoarder has been served, the last roll is gone (kinda with a little help)
she says with an innocent smile:)
OK - so dictionary definition is

pithy​

\ ˈpi-thē \
pithier; pithiest

Definition of pithy

1: consisting of or abounding in pith
2: having substance and point : tersely cogent
or
1. Precisely meaningful; forceful and brief: a pithy comment. 2. Consisting of or resembling pith. pith′i·ly adv.

maybe I meant 'satirical' comments..... you got me wondering if I used the right word now, lol!

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
My heart pours out to you Donna in so many ways. My positive thoughts and prayers are always with you.

1) I am grateful that they got it all, and also pray that in October you will receive only great news as well.

2) Many hugs. It always hurts to lose our fur babies, and I am so sorry.

3) Sorry the leak happened. But Donna, next time you want new counter tops and everything, just tell your hubby. Don't go through dealing with leaks to get them <grin>.

4) Oh boy, I hope hubby is healing well. Yup, I'm proud of you too, that he isn't in the freezer LOL!

Oh girl, you've been through too much. Now put all of that behind you (no pun intended, towards the toilet paper issue) and get crackin' towards much happier days and much nicer things happening to you and hubby. You deserve it so much!

Glad you love the new forum. You do participate a lot with your comments and suggestions and help, so don't put yourself down in any way silly. When the time is right for "you", you will be back to your happy/fun designing self once again! 💞💖