A Prayer Request

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I am asking for my WrapCandy family to please pray for my nephew Brian. He had an aneurysm last night and isn't doing well. The good news is that he didn't have a stroke or a heart attack with it, so the doctors say that is a good sign. He however has fluid on the brain so they put in a tube to relieve the pressure. They said his cranial pressure numbers were good earlier today, but not sure how they are doing now. They took him in just a little bit ago for a CT scan but we haven't heard the results as of yet. My sister and brother-in-law are in TX now with him and his siblings are either already there or in route; as the doctor said to get the family there as quickly as possible. :*( They are letting only one person in at a time to be with him, so it's pretty hard on them to not all be in there with him together.

They are all exhausted, so I am worried about them too. Extra prayers for Brian to make it through this, and prayers for my sister, b-i-l, and other nieces/nephews are all greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Hugs to all.

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Prayers are coming your way.

Precious Lord, I thank you for all the good you’ve been doing for me and my friends in the past. Today, I commit my sick friend into your holy hand I know there’s nothing impossible for you to do. I pray that you fill him with your love during this time of distress, and touch him with your healing hand that he might be whole again.

Amen

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Thank you so much, the prayers are working so please keep them coming! My sister notified me of this update for Brian....

He is doing good this morning, all levels are right where they want them. He even looks a lot better, his color almost normal. He will go down to do an angio to go through the main artery up to his brain and use medication to stop the vesospasms he is having, to help prevent any blood vessel closures that could cause seizures or strokes.

Thank you again. Hugs.

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I'm sorry I haven't said anything recently, I'm getting a few updates each day from my sister but I didn't want to be posting everything to drive everyone nuts.

He is not out of the woods. He has been going back and forth with things. The most recent update from my sister is that they can't figure out why his fever keeps spiking, if there is an infection or if it is just his brain. So they called in the CDC to try to figure it out. They just checked the pressure in his blood vessels in his brain and they are high, so they are going to take him down for another angio here in a few minutes so if it is vasospasms they can try to stop it.

Thank you for your continued positive thoughts, and continued prayers. Hugs to all.

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Nothing new today, sis hasn't let me know anything as of yet. :( I'm praying no news is good news, because usually it's about 3 or 4 times a day.

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Brian is now out of the hospital, doing rehab. He still is pretty confused on what is happening and what's going on, but he can breathe on his own thank God. Prayers are being answered, and I thank you again for them.

I'm sorry I didn't update until now, but I haven't been on the forum. We are dealing with several severe issues (including 2 more losses) and it's just been a mess.

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Thank you. I'm getting to where I don't even want to answer my phone because yet another loss. :*(

My sister-in-law has been in the hospital with Covid and has now been placed onto a ventilator and not doing well.

Now my hubby has to have eye surgery, so he can't currently drive until we can get him in for it, so now I'm getting only about 2 hours of sleep at night because he works mid-shift so I have to drive 3 hours late at night round trip to take him to work, then 3 hours round trip at 4:30am to go back to pick him up from work; then normal all day stuff in addition to everything else going on; plus they have now had to postpone my m-i-law's funeral services due to s-i-law being in the hospital, so we had to change all of those arrangements. OMG, does it ever start to get better maybe? I'm just exhausted to say the least (both physically and mentally), plus trying to not lose my business because I'm frantically trying to keep up with that during the day too; etc.

Continued prayers are greatly appreciated, and thank you all so much! I know everyone is going through hell right now in various ways, and I want you to know that I'm praying for you all as well; and thinking about everyone as often as I can.

HUGS to all.

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
My thoughts are with you Bobbi. It will get better eventually. All you can do is your best. Don't try and be superwoman because it will kick you up the backside. I hope that all turns out well for the family - sending positive thoughts and love n hugs. Take care, my friend!

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Wanted to drop in and say *thank you all* for your continued prayers. My sister-in-law has been removed from the ventilator and is doing a little bit better. She is now on heated high-flow nasal oxygen, which goes up and down depending on how calm she is at the time. She's still in ICU as she's still pretty bad, but any bit better is in the right direction!

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
They were able to move my sister-in-law out of ICU into a regular room as she's doing somewhat better thank God. All of our prayers are being answered and so far she is upwards on the mend.

Still trying to get things set for hubbies eye surgeries.

Nephew Brian is on the mend upwards each day too thank God. Still confused but understanding a little more every few days my sister said.

The funerals have been held for all of our losses except my mother-in-law, as that was postponed due to my sister-in-law's hospital stay. They are saying she'll likely be there a few more weeks before she can go home, but that can change according to how she is doing.

My thoughts and prayers continue for all of you and your families. Thank you again for your continued prayers as well. LOVE LOVE my WrapCandy *family*, you all are the best. This forum and you folks are a huge part of what is keeping me going through everything these last few months. You all don't realize just how much you help!