Recent Windows Update Breaks Default Text in Wrapcandy

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
No, its 7.4 now. If you go to home screen (top left) click on that then click on account (top right) it will list your active resources. Click on the version showing as active and it will download. You will need to register software again which you can do by opening a blank wrapper page in the software and then click on the help icon at the top of the blank wrapper. This will allow you to register new download.
Hope this helps.

debsta

Wrapcandy Pro
No, its 7.4 now. If you go to home screen (top left) click on that then click on account (top right) it will list your active resources. Click on the version showing as active and it will download. You will need to register software again which you can do by opening a blank wrapper page in the software and then click on the help icon at the top of the blank wrapper. This will allow you to register new download.
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much!

tlsikora

Lifetime Elite
I was able to uninstall the updates, and my Wrapcandy is working fine now. I put my updates on pause, but just wondering if this will happen with the next Windows update?

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I think it probably will. I uninstalled and it worked fine but when I turned off there was an update waiting which caused same problem when I turned on again. It looked like the same update as I had uninstalled but maybe someone else can confirm if same has happened to them. I hadn't put pause on updates. Hopefully @ryansaw will let us know how he is getting on, please.

sharondungey

Wrapcandy Pro
As many of you know, the october 13th Windows update to .netframeworks breaks text in wrapcandy. I am working on a solution and will keep you posted.

For those of you who need to print out orders today, you can get text to work by clicking the reset on the contour color. This works when inserting new text and for existing text.

Currently, when you insert text it looks like an ink blot.

View attachment 113805

Just Hit the Reset Button for the contour color and it will fix the problem.

View attachment 113807

If you want to add contour, you just hit the up arrow so it has a value 0.01

For existing templates with many text boxes, use the layers panel on the right hand side. Simply click any layer that starts with TEXT and hit reset for the contour color.
View attachment 113804

NOTE: Old text boxes; (text that was created in Version 7.0 and 7.1 are not affected by the inkblots bug)
Thank you so much, I thought I was gonna have to start over again.

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I second Donna, thanks for all your hard work on this. Thank you also for keeping us updated with it too. :)

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Holy cow Donna, that's a whole new can of worms LMAO.

We have a friend who downloaded it and is giving it a try, but they don't have the wrapper program. Ryan will have to sort out what is going to happen now because of Windows 11, and I feel so bad for him to have to deal with all of this at once. :( Microsoft drives me NUTS.

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Holy cow Donna, that's a whole new can of worms LMAO.

We have a friend who downloaded it and is giving it a try, but they don't have the wrapper program. Ryan will have to sort out what is going to happen now because of Windows 11, and I feel so bad for him to have to deal with all of this at once. :( Microsoft drives me NUTS.
After going through all the info from the techy people on the internet, I think I am going to pass on installing it right now. It sounds like it could be another "Vista".