Where is everyone - We need You - Wrapcandy Needs YOU

sweetbeth

Wrapcandy Pro
sorry, I am guilty, too....but my business life has changed direction....I don't make candy bouquets any more. I lost my full time job (that I worked at for 33 years!!) when Covid hit.....(because I called in sick)....
My "New direction": I opened an Escape Room business.
BUT I have reconnected my candy wrapping by creating wrappers to celebrate birthdays at the escape room. I will try and post a few pics/wrappers after this week's mission: this week's mission: finishing taxes!
thank you for all you do, and for everyone who continues to share!!

anitas

Wrapcandy Pro
I am one of those oldies. I was on everyday and very active. I loved the group and had to make myself get off the computer. Then slowly the outside life started taking over my time. I still tried to stay in touch, but slowly that came to a halt also. Then when I tried to get back on, it must have been when all the issues were going on. I was having problems getting the program to work, then changed computers, re-downloaded everything and nothing seemed to work right, and then I couldn't find Wrapcandy at all.
I was so excited when somehow I found it again. I am still trying to get used to all the changes and trying to get my program to work again like it is supposed to, which it still is not, I had the upgraded Pro version. Sorry this is so long, but maybe others out there have kinda the same experience and will hopefully find their way back again. I am going to try my best to be on more and be involved. THANK YOU ALL who have stuck it out and are still helping to keep this going and helping others. I do appreciate it.

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I am one of those oldies. I was on everyday and very active. I loved the group and had to make myself get off the computer. Then slowly the outside life started taking over my time. I still tried to stay in touch, but slowly that came to a halt also. Then when I tried to get back on, it must have been when all the issues were going on. I was having problems getting the program to work, then changed computers, re-downloaded everything and nothing seemed to work right, and then I couldn't find Wrapcandy at all.
I was so excited when somehow I found it again. I am still trying to get used to all the changes and trying to get my program to work again like it is supposed to, which it still is not, I had the upgraded Pro version. Sorry this is so long, but maybe others out there have kinda the same experience and will hopefully find their way back again. I am going to try my best to be on more and be involved. THANK YOU ALL who have stuck it out and are still helping to keep this going and helping others. I do appreciate it.
So glad to see you back:) I hope life is being kinder to you now. Yes, there have been a lot of changes but it's still a great program. Jenel (because Ryan jumped ship and dumped everything on her) is working really hard to make it a great forum like it used to be but in order to do that she needs more of the members to find their way back like you did. Thank you for letting us know you found us again and if you are having problems let us know and we will try to help you out.

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Yes, please step down carefully Donna. Or you'll break something.....like I broke my toe today <sigh>.

Thank God you'll return. We could NOT live without you here you know! Without ALL of our WrapCandy *family*, we would be lost.

OP
wishfulthinker

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Yes, please step down carefully Donna. Or you'll break something.....like I broke my toe today <sigh>.

Thank God you'll return. We could NOT live without you here you know! Without ALL of our WrapCandy *family*, we would be lost.
Omg Bobbi. A broken toe now. What are you like. Take it easy. You are trying too hard ..... And breathe .... Hugs back

chubbygal60

Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I am curious where some of you sell your stuff? When I first started years ago, I would sell mostly through a friends party store and to co-workers. Over the years I turned down plenty of jobs from folks wanting me to do copyrighted stuff. That a big no no for me. I worked in the print services department of a major office supply company for over 15 years. And folks would come in almost daily with Disney printables they had purchased through Etsy. I always felt bad telling them I couldn't print their stuff.

Occasionally while selling through my friends party store I would get requests from folks wanting to wrap their own bars. So when my friends party store closed down, I got the idea to sell wrapper printables on Etsy. That was in 2009. I just looked. My first wrapper sale on etsy was in June of 2009.. I had bought my wrap candy software in like 2005. What funny is that my first regular customer on Etsy was a lady that would host dinner parties and she would order a set of personalized mini wrappers for each of her dinner guests. I would email her a pdf file for each wrapper. There was no instant downloads back then. Etsy has always just been a side business for me. I just reopened my wrapper store a couple weeks ago and started using my old wrap candy software on my old xp laptop.

I am now retired. I am not a great designer. I mostly design basic wrappers for weddings and stuff. I have never been much of a graphic artist. It's more about shapes and colors for me.

There might not be many of you on the forum, but you guys seem like a pretty friendly bunch. Truth be known it never been about the shares and stuff for me. I always found the the kindness to others more important. And you guys seem to have a lot of that around here. Built it and they will come. I will try to stop by now and then.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Syl

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@chubbygal60, it's so nice to see you back.😊

You're right about there not being many of us right now but we are hoping that will change. Like you, the forum for me has always been more about having a place to go to connect with cyber friends, (not that I don't appreciate all the wonderful creations that are shared). Jenel has worked really hard at keeping this forum going after Ryan jumped ship and every time a long time member comes back and posts like you did, it helps her to think it might be worth it. Please try to pop in when you can.

Again. it was nice to see you and I hope you have a nice weekend as well:)

Last edited: