Can't Register software

jboykin

Wrapcandy Pro
I have tried mutiple things and cannot register my software. I'm getting an error "Registration failed. Error: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable" Can anyone help me? I have tried to get in touch with Ryan, but have not heard back from him.

OP
J

jboykin

Wrapcandy Pro
@ryansaw Can you help me with my issue. I have tried multiple things and cannot register my software. I'm getting an error "Registration failed. Error: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable" I even re-purchased the software and uninstalled and re-installed and get the same error

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Hi @jboykin. I need to locate something that might help you out, but I wanted to let you know that someone is working on it for you. I'll be back as soon as I can.

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@jboykin please go to the below link with information that Ryan posted and see if that works for you. Before you do the below, you also might try changing your password and then try to register; as some folks said that worked for them. If it does work, after you register it then you can change the password back if you want to. Please come back and let us know if either changing your password worked, or if the below link information worked.

OP
J

jboykin

Wrapcandy Pro
Thank you for helping out @roberta. Hope @jboykin is sorted out now. Hopefully she will let us know
Hi @jboykin. I need to locate something that might help you out, but I wanted to let you know that someone is working on it for you. I'll be back as soon as I can.
@roberta and @ryansaw I tried the instructions your provided, but I'm still getting the error "Registration failed. Error: The remote server returned and error: (503) Server Unavailable.

OP
J

jboykin

Wrapcandy Pro
What version is the correct version of software. I purchased WrapCandy 7.1 Professional and I also have WrapCandy 7.4 Beta. I tried both and no luck registering.

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
7.4 is the current version. Try reinstalling it from your account page and run it in an elevated state. The new update for Windows seems to play a mess with wrapcandy.

Attachments

• Run as Admin.jpg
    Run as Admin.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 5
  • help to register.jpg
    help to register.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 5
  • register.jpg
    register.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 5

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@jboykin - you need to open a blank wrapper in order to register through the help icon.
check out #19 on the following link (also goes into more detail of solving problems) as well as @jenel's answer above.

If this does not help please let us know exactly what you are doing.

OP
J

jboykin

Wrapcandy Pro
@jboykin - you need to open a blank wrapper in order to register through the help icon.
check out #19 on the following link (also goes into more detail of solving problems) as well as @jenel's answer above.

If this does not help please let us know exactly what you are doing.
STEP 1: I open the app:
STEP 2: Go to File > Open > 8ozChristmasSanta.cwr
STEP 3: I make changes and it will let me save the file, but when I try to print I get:
STEP 4: When I try to REGISTER I get the error:

I tried:

Registering from Help
Registering from “Register” in red on the right
I changed my password
I bought the software for a 2nd time thinking that would work
I uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted
I tried everything that was provided in this thread, nothing is working

Attachments

• Step 1.png
    Step 1.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Step 2.png
    Step 2.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Step 3.png
    Step 3.png
    286.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Step 4.png
    Step 4.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 3
OP
J

jboykin

Wrapcandy Pro
@wishfulthinker
STEP 1: I open the app:
STEP 2: Go to File > Open > 8ozChristmasSanta.cwr
STEP 3: I make changes and it will let me save the file, but when I try to print I get:
STEP 4: When I try to REGISTER I get the error:

I tried:

Registering from Help
Registering from “Register” in red on the right
I changed my password
I bought the software for a 2nd time thinking that would work
I uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted
I tried everything that was provided in this thread, nothing is working

Attachments

• Step 1.png
    Step 1.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Step 2.png
    Step 2.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Step 3.png
    Step 3.png
    286.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Step 4.png
    Step 4.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 4

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Hi @jboykin - I am assuming that you also clicked on the 'help' icon on the open page. This then brings up 'register' and it should work from there. I see you are working from the 7.1 version - have you installed the 7.4 you said you had purchased WC a second time? If you haven't you need to go to the main home screen, click on account (top right) and scroll down to the active resources. When you see 7.4 download, download. That way you will get the up to date version - not that I think that should make any difference though.
Let me know, sorry you are having problems. You will get sorted, promise!

OP
J

jboykin

Wrapcandy Pro
Hi @jboykin - I am assuming that you also clicked on the 'help' icon on the open page. This then brings up 'register' and it should work from there. I see you are working from the 7.1 version - have you installed the 7.4 you said you had purchased WC a second time? If you haven't you need to go to the main home screen, click on account (top right) and scroll down to the active resources. When you see 7.4 download, download. That way you will get the up to date version - not that I think that should make any difference though.
Let me know, sorry you are having problems. You will get sorted, promise!
@wishfulthinker Yes, I have tried all this with the version 7.4 as well. I'm really upset that Ryan hasn't gotten back to me. I provided him my proof of purchase and have not heard from him. I have not been able to do any orders since October.

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Try registering from a BLANK page on the program, not one with a design on it already

Attachments

• help to register.jpg
    help to register.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 4
  • register.jpg
    register.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 4

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@jboykin One last thing you could try. Clear all your browser cookies. Then try from the blank page again. Sometimes if you haven't cleared your browser for a while it causes problems. Hopefully this might sort you out if what @jenel suggested hasn't.

OP
J

jboykin

Wrapcandy Pro
I have tried EVERYTHING and Ryan has not responded to any of my email. I have lost so many orders for the Holidays and really upset that I can't get this to work.

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@jboykin please try the following and see if it works for you. A couple other folks tried it and it worked for them, so hopefully it will work for you too....

After printing these out to follow, log out completely of the forum (click on your name upper right, click 'log out').
Then go to wrapcandy.com (not wrapcandy.com/forum, just wrapcandy.com) and make sure that you are not logged in. To double-check there, in the upper right area it says 'account', click on that. If it comes up with 'your membership information' then you are logged in and need to log out. (Do that by not completely in the upper left, but upper left area you will see your name and next to that click on 'logout').
Only after logging out of both the forum and your wrapcandy account, then clear your browser and clear your cache. If you need help on that just let us know what browser you use.
After doing that, restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, go to wrapcandy.com (do not open the software up yet) and click in the upper right on ‘account’. You should see a box comes up that says ‘login to your account’. Do not enter your information. Click on ‘forgot password?’ which is to the right of the login button.
Enter your email address (or username) and then click on ‘reset password’.
When you receive the email, it will have a link to reset your password in that email. Click on that link, reset your password to one that you haven’t used before. Write it down, and know that you can always change it later again if you want to do so.
After resetting your password at wrapcandy.com then go to your software and open it up. Do not open any files or wrappers or new or anything else, just open the software itself.
Then click on ‘help’ then click on ‘register’ and you should get a box to enter your login and password, be sure to enter your new login and password information, not what you used before. Then click ‘ok’.

However, if you use a firewall then it could be interfering with your registration. If that is the case then instead of entering your login and password, read the sentence below password and click where the word ‘here’ is and that might work for you instead. Some it has, some it hasn’t.

Please come back after trying the above and let us know if that worked for you.

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@jboykin I am so sorry it is still giving you fits.

I do want to let you know that it is being worked on. However Ryan got Covid and is quarantined away from his computer which is at his son's house. So he is unable to work with anything at this time. Jenel is having problems right now so she is unable to help with the accounts too. Unfortunately those are the only two folks who have access to everyone's accounts, to see what is causing this. I hate to ask, but if you can please bear with for just a little longer, one of them should be sorted out hopefully soon to help you out.