Error With Newest Upgrade

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Ryan [@ryansaw] I have the newest version (7.4.7739.11685) and when I make a wrapper I can then click on File > Save As Image > JPEG > etc and save it and it works just fine. However when I am trying to override a JPG that I already did, but I am changing something on it and want to replace it, then I get the attached error code in WrapCandy software. Here are my steps for information....

File > Save As Image > JPEG > Quality = Maximum > Resolution = 300 > OK > *choose file to override* > SAVE > *when asks to replace I click* YES (and that's when this error pops up).

I have closed the WC software, then restarted my computer, then opened the WC software and tried again; same error still comes up.

Attachments

• ErrorInformation.jpg
    ErrorInformation.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 26

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
I just tried it and it worked for me. I hope that Ryan can help you

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Thats odd. I have same version and just tried to do the same and it just asks me if I want to replace the existing file. Not ever seen anything about 'choose file to overide'

OP
roberta

roberta

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Thanks for posting folks, that way it can help him knowing if it's happening to others as well or not.

Ryan [@ryansaw] I think I just now found out what was causing the trouble. Makes no sense to me how this happened, but it happened. Hubby says my computer is haunted, sometimes I wonder if he's correct.

So I just went in to see if it did it again, prior to sending you the .cwr file and the .jpg file I was trying to overwrite; so you would have them both to work with. I tried it again and the same error came up, however this time it also popped up with something from my AVG that said it had blocked the overwrite until I chose whether or not to allow wrapcandy to overwrite my files. So I of course selected for wrapcandy to be allowed to overwrite my files (because of course it only happens when I choose to do it LOL).

Then I closed out everything, restarted it and now it works. For some odd reason it appears that it was my AVG causing trouble, and not the software. Not a surprise, because the wrapcandy software is awesome.

If it happens again at some point, I will let you know, but for now it appears AVG didn't play well until I told AVG to play well.

Thanks. :)

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Thank goodness you found out what was happening. But I loved the fact that hubby helped in some way! lol. He certainly made me laugh.
On a more serious note ..... well more of a useful note .... at least if it happens to someone else you may have also answered their question

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Yes, it was a popcorn box template, I just added some background and bits - saved as CWR and then, as normal, I clicked on save as image and used the cwr format, but deleted the .cwr so that it saved as jpg. Wondered if it was because I was using the CWR name so clicked off that then deleted the .cwr and not had any problem but haven't done much since so not sure if that was why. Always done it the cwr route before with no problems. So not sure what caused it. I have also had a - I'm sure it was 'parsing' error. never heard of that so ignored it....

Attachments

• popcorn box_large _cut 2 to make a full box_8 x 8.cwr
    399.3 KB · Views: 4

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Am really struggling and do not know why. The programme freezes if I try to crop, Crashes at will. If I try to open a file with another already open I get all sorts of messages. Could it be something to do with the latest download (2d text) as not ever had this problem before. Sorry @ryansaw. Does this mean I need to turn off firewall, as that is what protects the computer isn't it?
This was message after trying to open a cupcake wrapper template I have used a zillion times
OK - bearing in mind that newbies have to run as administrator, I have just clicked on run as administrator. If the problem still occurs I will let you know. If it is solved I will edit this thread. I just opened the file that caused the message after clicking on run as administrator ....we will see.
1618053835127.png

Last edited:

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@ryansaw - sadly it is still happening. See attached. Only had two templates open and tried to open a third! It wasn't the only template I tried either.

Attachments

• 1618141452075.png
    1618141452075.png
    39 KB · Views: 17

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@ryansaw ....... any ideas on why this keeps happening. Now batch convertor selects only a few of the files to convert! Still crashing at will. How can I go back to the original 7.4..... I never had any problems.
1618671501591.png