jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
After a lot of troubleshooting with a member.... this was the issue

"Something on our local network was blocking the program. We tried connecting through our cell phone and it worked."

It may be worth a try for some who get the 403 error.

UPDATE: This seems to be the typical case with Verison Internet. Using the cell to register bypasses the Verizon Carrier for the Internet.

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@jenel - How do you even do that! I don't use my mobile for anything other than phoning, or sending wattsapp messages. Seriously, how do you connect through a cell phone? (Not just me that will be asking, I am sure)

OP
jenel

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
In settings go to connections and scroll until you see Mobile Hotspot and Tethering or something similar to those words and turn it on. Then on your computer, you look for the name of your phone and click connect. You may have to set it up. Leave the Wi-Fi- on. Once you have the program registered you can turn off the mobile hot spot and use the program without the Internet. You only need the Internet to register it.

Be aware that it does use data on the phone so if you surf Facebook and things like that it will use the same data time.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 9

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
When travelling, we have on occasion tethered to our cell phones for Wi Fi for our computers ( when I say we, I mean my husband).
I'm sure that my cell phone came with instructions that said: "DONNA.....THIS PHONE IS FOR TEXTING AND TALKING ONLY! DON"T PLAY WITH THE SETTINGS!!!"

OP
jenel

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Proud to say that after troubleshooting with 2 more people getting the 403 error, we got them back on with wrapcandy and they are on their way to enjoying it again! Using the cell phone to register and not the computer works!

Remember, you only need the Internet to register the program, not use the program. I design all the time without being "online" ♥

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I concur with Donna. I can find my way around a software programme but anything that needs a bit more technical info goes in and out at the same time. Thank you though Jenel, I will try and remember this in the future!

OP
jenel

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
I talked with Verizon and Comcast and they have added security measures to stop Cyber Security Hacking to customers to keep it safe. By using the phone as a HOTSPOT to register bypasses that.

Remember, you only need the Internet to register the program, not use the program. I design all the time without being "online" ♥

OP
jenel

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
I just love it when I get messages like this one. It makes it almost worth putting up with the "ugly" ones ....

"Thanks to Jenel, my wrapcandy is back up and running!! She is amazing!
Thank you again
Mary Ellen"

@maryel831 .... You are so very welcome

smbrb1

Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
i still haven't been able to register my wrapcandy program. I have trued everything you have suggested and still get the 403 forbidden error. i loved the program but not being able to save or print just makes me paying $59.99 for the program a waste of money. When you go a google search the 403 error says its an error on the servers side.
Now what do you suggest I do?

wishfulthinker

Roxy
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
i still haven't been able to register my wrapcandy program. I have trued everything you have suggested and still get the 403 forbidden error. i loved the program but not being able to save or print just makes me paying $59.99 for the program a waste of money. When you go a google search the 403 error says its an error on the servers side.
Not sure if @jenel can help further. But if she can she most certainly will.

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@smbrb1 I'm sure you probably already did but did you try Jenel's work around in post #8 above if those 2 carriers apply to you?

OP
jenel

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
I talked with Verizon and Comcast and they have added security measures to stop Cyber Security Hacking to customers to keep it safe. By using the phone as a HOTSPOT to register bypasses that.