Need help - cannot register Wrapcandy on my new computer (Windows 10)

zandragail

Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
I originally purchased Wrapcandy in around 2005. I am still able to log into my account online and it shows an active Professional subscription. I have read over and tried many things suggested here in the forum and still nothing will allow me to register. I am getting a 403 error, running Windows 10. I also installed it "run as administrator" and still nothing works. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• wrapcandy-error-message.jpg
    wrapcandy-error-message.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 4

latitude

Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@zandragail, I am sure Jenel will be here soon and maybe she can give you the answers you need.
You may have to purchase the newer version but again, Jenel will be able to let you know.

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
@zandragail Your account was missing pro activation so I reactivated it for you. Sign out of Wrapcandy and then sign back in. Open a BLANK page in the program and you should be able to register it now.

Attachments

• help to register.jpg
    help to register.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 6
  • register.jpg
    register.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 6
OP
Z

zandragail

Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
@zandragail Your account was missing pro activation so I reactivated it for you. Sign out of Wrapcandy and then sign back in. Open a BLANK page in the program and you should be able to register it now.
@jenel, I have tried what you suggested. It still did not work, same error message. I uninstalled, reinstalled and it is still giving me the error. Any other suggestions?

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
After you uninstalled everything with wrapcandy from your computer, did you restart your computer? When you reinstalled wrapcandy, did you go to your account page on wrapcandy.com and download from the red 7.4 link?

OP
Z

zandragail

Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
After you uninstalled everything with wrapcandy from your computer, did you restart your computer? When you reinstalled wrapcandy, did you go to your account page on wrapcandy.com and download from the red 7.4 link?

Yes, I installed from my wrapcandy account using the red 7.4 link and yes, I restarted the computer. Still no luck. I have also done a disk cleanup in case there was an issue there. It seems from the error message that the wrapcandy server is what will not allow me to connect. Could it be an issue with my login and password even though I'm using the same as what I use to log into this account and forum?

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
There is some reason your settings are blocking. Everything is ok on wrapcandy's side. I had 3 new people just yesterday register. Have you tried cleaning cookies and cache?

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Go to your account page on wrapcandy.com and click the 7.4 red link under active resources and install it on your computer. (save it to your desk top so you can find it). When you install it, do it as Run As Admin. Then you will need to register it. See all the attachments

Attachments

• Resources.jpg
    Resources.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Run as Admin.jpg
    Run as Admin.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
  • help to register.jpg
    help to register.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 0
  • register.jpg
    register.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 0

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
@zandragail Google error code 403 and see what they say it is. I know it is not on Wrapcandy's end as people are registering almost daily.

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
after you uninstall everything are you restarting the computer before you download the 7.4 version?

jenel

Administrator & Co-Owner
Staff member
Lifetime Elite
Wrapcandy Pro
Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
@lwiltse Let me check your account and get back to you privately on the support ticket you submitted.